6.5 SS Build

You're doing well. My builds take this long when I order all components right from the get-go.
I think it's perpetual bad luck, in my case.
Hope you're heating that barrel soon!

I need to get the dies and some more brass. I need a scope and rings. (I have scopes and rings that could be used until I get the scope I want.) . . . I want to get the metal Cerakoted black, but I don't HAVE to do that right away. . . . Other than that, I think I have everything.

I need to get the dies and some more brass. I need a scope and rings. (I have scopes and rings that could be used until I get the scope I want.) . . . I want to get the metal Cerakoted black, but I don't HAVE to do that right away. . . . Other than that, I think I have everything.

Nice! You can still preorder the brass and we should have some in about 3 weeks.

Nice! You can still preorder the brass and we should have some in about 3 weeks.
I was gonna order the dies and preorder brass this week. But last week McMillan told me my stock was still about a month out. Today it's done. I'l have to see where I am financially after paying for the stock. But soon, very soon.

I ordered the Whidden Die Set. Got the confirmation email.

My stock is at the 'smith. That should be the last component to making a shootable rifle. (Still need scope and rings to actually aim it, but it should shoot, somewhere.)

Sitting here on a pile of ingredients ready to go.
components2.jpg

Looking forward to your results with H1000. I've got a ton of it and most guys seem to use rl26. So.... hurry up already!

7000 grains to a pound. At 50 grains each is only 140 rounds.
Ah. Didn't realize that. So I'll need more, but not right away.

Looking forward to your results with H1000. I've got a ton of it and most guys seem to use rl26. So.... hurry up already!
I think Rich started out with H1000 then switched to RL26 when he found he could get a little more velocity from the RL26. I like the temperature stability of H1000. I may shoot in 104° or 24°. I have no idea how temp stable the Reloader 26 is. But honestly, my original goal was a cartridge that would launch a 6.5mm 140+gr bullet at 2900-3000fps. The 6.5SS is a bit faster than that, so I don't necessarily have to wring every last bit of speed out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.