Atlas Bipods, worth the price??

Thanks, I did read that and I assume they do attach very solidly. I guess that is as good of an option as offering pods at different heights. What do the legs go for now?

So, I am starting to see their will be a considerable amount of more $$ in adding one.

Pod
Quick attach
Leg extensions
Pic rail

Am I missing anything?

So what would be a good online price for all except the rail? I feel the rail may differ a bit from rifle to rifle. I believe NF offers one that can be machined to fit.

Jeff

I just ordered this rail from Triad(and an Atlas bipod). It uses the double swivel holes on many rifles. The nice thing about it is that you can use a swivel stud on the back end. A button head screw is used for the front. Just have to make sure you get the right length. If you don't have dual swivel holes on your rifle they sell the kit for $5. The short one fits my Rem 700 Milpec stock, the long one, my McMillan A5.

Triad Tactical, Inc. :: Bipods etc. :: Accu-Shot Atlas Picatinny Rail Adapors

The Atlas pods are the best their is, handsdown......IMO.

I have a Harris, but have used an Atlas before. Solid is an understatement. A bunch of accessories, too.

Jeff with the way you shoot I wouldn't change anything. What have you been using up until now?

Thanks for the kind words.:) I have been the Harris 9~13 swivel with a pod lock. I should also say I have no complaints, but will always look for a more stable platform if one is to be found. Rock solid is where it's at.

Jeff

Len, I will wait on you too. Are you going to have the leg extensions and rails too?

I have been just fine with the Harris but I am excited to try the Atlas. I know one thing for sure, if there is a change in stability I will notice it right off. I have 1000's of rounds off the Harris. Looking forward to this.

Jeff

I have been just fine with the Harris but I am excited to try the Atlas.
Jeff

I was as well, until I used the Atlas..
I was also fine with a Leupold until I tried the NF, and then was fine with the NF until I tried the SB...

I have 13 Harris bipods and 14 NF scopes that don't get used anymore...

It's a matter of progression.

In the next few weeks, I will be doing a comprehensive review of the Atlas for Len. Keep your peepers open for it.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.