ATF Wait Times

yeah right. name me anything that the US government is in charge of that gets done in 90 days.

My Form 4 and Form 1 wait times never seem to change over the years, all around 9 months.
But, ATF does do a fantastic job on Curio & Relic FFLs. Both application, and renewal, times are right around 3 weeks.

Tagging in. Just submitted my first form4 3 days ago and probably going to do 2 form1s (eFile) today or tomorrow

There is a Facebook page for suppressors there are a ton of guys getting form 4 individual stamps back under 90 days. Trusts on the other hand are getting close to a year. I am currently at 11 months

Paper work went in January 30 as a trust and I'm still waiting, wonder why an individual goes through faster

I did a trust... Hopefully it won't be a year. I'd like it for next hunting season lol

FWIW my dealer said he's gotten a few trust form4s back in ~3 months, but they've all been Silencer Shop ones that use their barcode system.

My 3rd trust form 4 came in back in August after an 11.5 month wait...the agent on the phone was quoting me at 8 months avg when I was at 11 already .

I wish I had as good luck as some here. My second can took about 11months to get and I am still waiting on my first one from March 2018 and being told it may be Feb. 2021 before I get it. Seems the can dealer submitted paperwork wrong and did not respond back with correction within the allowed 30days. Once I get my 1st can it will be my last until we can buy over the counter like some European countries.

Be sure you deal with "good" dealer. It is sure frustrating having to wait 2yrs.

At least I have my one 30cal can for now as it works on everything I have!

Be sure you deal with "good" dealer. It is sure frustrating having to wait 2yrs.

Now that you know the process, the next will be easier (except for the normal wait).
My Form 1s go through just fine, as I prepare them myself. Same with Form 4s for C&R purchases. For Form 4s from a retail seller, I prepare the paperwork and have them check it and then make sure it goes in the mail, that day. Some dealers are easier to work with than others.