ATF Wait Times

Hatrick

B80055C2-AC70-4B4E-927E-ED3C8CAA18B1.png
Received this in a email. Can anybody attest to this. I would trust your experience before the sellers.

I'm surprised it takes that long. As a Canadian I send in my 6N1A to the ATF every year and I'm always approved within 2-3 weeks. Sometimes only a week. Makes my U.S. hunting trips that much easier.

The ATF hired a bunch of new people supposedly and took the stacks of applications and split them amongst the new employees so wait times are not currently first come first served but they're working off of the small stacks

Yes and no. As above some applications from June have been going through, but there are still people like myself waiting since a year ago (or January for me) for form 4 transfers. Whether or not you believe they will continue to randomly process some out of order is up to you. If they are training people some of them appear to be working on newer stuff. But for all we know the next box they grab will be in chronological order and you're back to the current wait times (but hopefully working through the backlog so it's shorter going forward).

Basically, the email seems like a sales pitch that, while technically correct, isn't guaranteed to continue...