Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Thank you Jeff for posting the link , it took me about 4 minutes to get my letter sent . I made sure to let them know that I always vote and I will follow there decision and if I see that they favor the ban in any way then I will do my best to vote them OUT the next time !

Maybe you need to mail a few, write letters to the editor or what have you, hell last time Denny Reberg got back to me quick, but now that the elections are over........

Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas. The only other way to attract their attention is to carry a camera while wearing a PRESS badge.

Pete

Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas.
Pete

Even if nothing much happens on the national level, with Gov Cuomo trying to take this into his own hands with the backing of Bloomberg, you are essentially being put into double jeopardy.

Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas. The only other way to attract their attention is to carry a camera while wearing a PRESS badge.

Pete

Thought maybe if a guy could create enough bad press you might rattle their cages a bit

A copy of the text sent to the provided link...

To whom it may concern as my elected representatives:

I strongly urge you to resist any effort to restrict or ban any guns that are presently legal to own by law abiding citizens. I would like to remind you that the Constitution clearly states "That the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Criminals have not and will not obey gun laws. Gun laws will only restrict and remove guns from law abiding citizens. Current laws need to be enforced and maniacs like like William Spengler should not be set free to roam the streets of America.

Where there is a need for secure areas, those security issues should be addressed. Gun restrictions will not stop deranged evil persons from carrying out their evil deeds. They will not obey the laws and will continue to work death and destruction. They must be restrained, not law abiding citizens.

Thought maybe if a guy could create enough bad press you might rattle their cages a bit

Joe,

It's tough generating bad press that's good press (did that make any sense?) when the local papers print your name and address for following the law. IE the dust up last week about printing the name and address of every pistol licence in several countys. I'm 50 miles away from that but the local media is equally useless. We has someone running for DA promise to do just that a couple years ago. He lost by aapprox a 4 to 1 margin.

tinman13kup,

We've had to live with a NYS law that is nearly identical to the 1993 AWB however, it is permanent. My AR and anything we could buy here is a neutered version; Straight barrels, no flash suppressor, no lug (not that I need a bayonet to hunt yotes.) fixed stocks, and a 10 round mag limit. Now They're talking outright confiscation. If I could sell my property here, I would do it immediately and move to a red state.

MontanaRifleman,

Good letter. May I plagurize it? It is short and to the point. I like that.

Pete

Thanks Jeff!!! I've been meaning to get that off my chest. I wrote a nice letter and sent it but I hope they send it to my email like it said cuz I'd like a copy of that. If they send it I'll share it with you all.

Been sending letters off to Senators,Represenatives, and yes even to the squatter in the White House, for the last two weeks. I figure if one is good more is better. Everyone that cares about the freedoms we enjoy should get involved before it's to late.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.