As Time Goes By .....(flaming)

wyojeepeer

Hi,

First off, let me say my user name is Wyojeepeer, and my original long range hunting member number is #16. I have been on this site for a long time, and while I don't post much, I do read a lot of what I consider interesting things here. And, a lot of times, some that aren't.

I have seen a lot of different members come and go.

This was originally a mostly Remington gun site, and I got "flamed" a couple of times for recommending a Savage as a basic/entry level long range gun or build. This was years ago. It's not the same now.
(Hee,hee) ....I ain't gonna say I told ya so! .....Like heck I ain't!!!!

When I was invited here by Len to his "new" web site, the original members had some of the most amazing backgrounds, and could discuss some of the most arcane scientific stuff I had never heard of. Most of which I didn't understand.

Now, it's many years later. A lot of members have come and gone. And I'm still learning scientifical stuff that I don't understand.

About the only things that have been constant, besides Len, is the Flaming, bickering, fighting, name calling, and ****ing on flat rocks. (and the insinuated size comparisons).

How many members have left this site just because they got tired of it?

As a retired Army SFC, and a believer in the Constitution, I don't have to agree, or even like what you have to say. But I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hey, Len. I wore out my OD green socks. Is "tactical black" OK? (even though they are turning grey?)

Enough of a soapbox.
C'ya, John.

Welcome back,

I try to just smile and move on. However, I've had those days when my boss was ****ed and I took it out on the next person that rubbed me the wrong way on the forum (sorry for that). But then again, thats life.

Merry Christmas,

AJ

Thanks, AJ.

Keep in mind that I'm not perfect, either. I have my moments. Usually alcohol fueled. Some people may remember the last time, several months ago, that involved Remingtons and glocks rocking.

I thought I did really well with this post as the only cuss word was "****ing".
Pretty good for an ex-platoon/1st Sgt., that's also worked in Corrections.

Although I see an occasional flame or two, I find that most of the members here are very helpful and accomodating.

I've learned a ton here, and intend to continue to learn, even though some seem to think I am just trying to create arguments, evidently!!

Bill

BB, THANKS. From the bottom of my pea-pickin' little heart.

Bwaites, just a note.

I have found in my life that 9 times out of 10, if you wait long enough, the Boss/SGM/LT/CPT will be re-assigned, or move on to bigger/ better things. Have patience (not that I'm any good at that, but I'm still here, and some of them ain't).

From the movie highlander: Patience is a virtue. (right before they try to kill something)

About the only things that have been constant, besides Len, is the Flaming, bickering, fighting, name calling, and ****ing on flat rocks. (and the insinuated size comparisons).

How many members have left this site just because they got tired of it?

Right on the money. Lately it seems like I spend more time ignoring certain posters and end up not reading the threads because of the above mentioned problems.

I've heard people complain sometimes about the strict controls on this board, but at times I wish there was a little more. Some people, given the chance to keep their mouth shut, just can't seem to do it and a really great thread turns into a ****ing match.:rolleyes: A lot of threads would be more enjoyable to read and would probably get more participation but people just don't want to put up with the inevitable BS. Too bad really, but I still believe that this is the best sight on the web for what we like and what we do.

It's good to see you back and posting. ;)

I am dang glad for the rules and Len not putting up with the BS that you see on so many other forums. As far as hunting related goes we have all see what happens to at The Fire and i am sure other forums. I read alot at a MMA forum about competiton fighting and stuff and i would never dream of posting on there due to the amazingly ignorant crap that goes on!!

We have our fair share of ****in and moanin on here but for the most part we all know who and when to avoid. I been involved in my share of hissy fits on here but being a fairly young man i am learning along the way.

Glad to have you back postin

steve

While there are some ****in matches on LRH and at times some real knock down drag outs, I feel this is by far the fairest sight on the web.

Compared to most other shooting or hunting sites, LRH is a warm and fuzzy place to hang out compared to most others. Len will let arguments or debates go on as long as each side is respectful and is offering solid data to back up their opinions and not just throwing ideas out there or opinions.

Once things go into the personal attach relm, that is generally when the moderators step in and end things. That is good because once things get to this point, any real honest debating is long gone and nothing good comes from it.

Still, while we have had out fights here and there. LRH is FAR AND AWAY better then most other sights out there as far as a friendly environment.

If I went over to 24hourcampfire and posted that I took my pronghorn at 1300 yards this year with my 150 gr powder capacity 338 Allen Magnum using a 265 gr AT RBBT loaded to nearly 3500 fps, ya think I would get a warm and fuzzy reception???? Not hardly.

Or go over to snipershide and say the 308 Win is a ballistic dog. You will likely get linched for that comment although its true that compared to even moderate long range chamberings, the 308 is a ballistic **** ant.

Anyway, yes we are opinionated, thats what makes everyone a valuable part of LRH. To say LRH is anywhere near as bad as most other sites is not true at all. When you get this number of people in one spot, there will be issues and conflicting opinions, Thats life. I still know LRH is better then any other sight out there for those that want to share opposing opinions or ways of thinking about shooting or hunting.

Kirby Allen(50)

Or go over to snipershide and say the 308 Win is a ballistic dog. You will likely get linched for that comment although its true that compared to even moderate long range chamberings, the 308 is a ballistic **** ant.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, that was brilliant! I haven't laughed that hard since Paris Hilton was on Letterman! The 308 fans are gonna come looking for you now!

Kirby,

Please reread the original post.

Quote from you.
"To say long range hunting is anywhere near as bad as most other sites is not true at all. "

Your right, it isn't true, because I "DID" "NOT" say that. What I said was the bickering was a constant over the years. I made no comparison to any other site. Not even ones started by ex-members of this one.

I realize that you're snowed in today and that's a little frustrating. I'm snowed in, also. Of course, it keeps everyone else from moving north.

Take Care.

i willl add my 2 cents here...

i am a newbie here and have yet to get involved in any ****ing matches.one thing i can tell you after visiting several other sites is you guys here are the most knowledgable , articulate and wellspoken bunch i have ever been around. The amount of free information on this site is astounding.....thanks for letting me join in. AJ

LOL, ditto that, GG.

The Military Sniper establishment has been using the 7.62 for so long, it's become like a religion to them...and you know what happens when you impugn a true believer's religion?...just ask that Brit teacher whose class named a teddy bear "Mohammed."

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.