Arken releases 'lighter weight' 30mm tube options

'Instant gratification' don't seem to be compatible with Arken, Manners or McMillan stocks and the like. WTH do you guys do when you order custom stuff elsewhere? Whine,cry,stomp your little feets and demand your money back when things aren't instantly delivered to your mailbox? You go, girls......

Oh, I will. It don't matter to me if it takes longer than promised, as it isn't a matter of life and death, if they don't show up tomorrow. And I won't miss a meal, if my demanded refund isn't returned before I have to go to the grocery store again. Sometimes the little chinamans paddling the proverbial 'Slow Boat from China' just aren't used to rowing so far as America, and it takes the little boogers extra time and rice rations to even get this far......

Update on my returned EP5…3rd scope does not have the mark alignment issue that the other 2 had. Turrets marks and zero stop are right on.

This one doesn't seem to be as clear as I remember the other 2 being. Eye box is small, but it doesn't go black as I get out of the box, more light a bright tan…like the reflecting light off my face is washing out the image. Hard to tell without having one of the old ones to compare to. Not as impressed with this one as the other 2 I had. Not sure if I should send it back for yet another or what.

Only have my Tract with me to compare to…that's not apples to apples of course.

So to those that say it no issues on waiting. It's one thing to be understanding about a longer time but it's also about running a business and keeping items on a delivery schedule, as promised, keeping inventory, whatever that may look like, and making reel delivery times as advertised. It's not whining, or o you just need to be patient it's just business and people expect items as promised by a delivery date. 98% of companies work this way in the real world. Take Walmart for example personally I have never had a shipping issue with them and they have delivered ahead of schedule each time. Amazon usually on time. Had one that was late. A little place my wife ordered stuff from in Utah, some shop ran by LDS people makes planers with daily scriptures verses in them they deliver as promised but when they have been later we had emails what was the reason of being held up and a call to explain. Great people. A large store like Cabela's which I wad trying to get a rifle through I had ordered and paid for was telling me it's on its way several days after delivery date then became weeks and was fasting approaching hunting season; when I asked them could you tell me where it was in the tracking process they could not. They said they could fine the info but it would take some time and come back tomorrow. I was hoping to get an answer the next day but guess what they couldn't even produce a single bit of info if it had even been shipped. I looked at the manager and told him I could drive to Wy and buy the same gun off the rack in a much smaller store at and it was actually about 30 dollar cheaper. Smartly he asked what do you want a refund? I paused for a moment and looked at him right back and said completely. Then he looked like someone had stole his lunch. Loss of 1300 dollars to Cabela's. That was the last rifle I have ever tried to order through Cabela's. So its what a business promises and then can't deliver generally we expect a little better explanation than just telling us to be patient. It's out past the due date for me as well. I got my Vortex in a short time after ordering. Both were ordered at the same time. But it is out past delivery time and then when people want to cancel and they are telling them just to wait and try to keep you money after you have told them you want to cancel the order that is what is called theft. Not a good business to be in.

Thought I'd jump on here and give my feedback on the EPL4 6.24 MOA I just received a few days ago. I do have 3 other EP5's and an SH4. Absolutely love the scopes, in fact I replaced much higher price point optics with Arkens because the EP5's were better in every way. Anyway...the EPL4. It is a baby version of the EP5, it weights in at 24oz. The elevation turret feels exactly like the bigger Arkens which I love. The windage turret feels a little different as it's smaller, but it is very crisp and there's no mistaking when an adjustment is made. Very positive engagement. Now the glass...I compared two of my EP5's with the new EPL4 on an eye doctor type chart at 100 yards that has shapes of various colors along with letters of different sizes to compare with. The EPL4 has quite a bit better clarity than the EP5's. I also compared to a 3-15 Burris Veracity, the EPL4 was also better than that. I wasn't expecting the quality of glass to be this good in a 30mm tube.

I mounted the scope in a solid fixture 20 MOA off of the bottom of adjustment (as this is where it would be zeroed on the rifle) and ran it against a precise MOA grid at 100 yards. The EPL4 tracked absolutely perfect out to 50 MOA which was about all I had in the scope. I did this several times and it returned to zero every time. Very impressed, but this is what I've come to expect as normal from the Arkens. I took it out to zero on my 6.8 Western and it took two shots total to zero. 2nd shot was in my 5/16" black aiming dot. Guys, don't hesitate to try one of these, the wait is worth it too.

What's wrong with the 4.5-18x lrhs2?
It's too heavy for some of my applications. I have a 4.5-18 LRTS on my 7 mag. I have 3-12 LRHS and LRTS's on a bunch of other rifles. But I have a few guns for shorter ranges that I'd like to have the LRHS-quality scope with a lower mag range.