Arken optic

We have 2 Arken EP5's. On 22LR. Excellent quality for the price.
Mount it on a NEAR Alphamount with 20 MOA on a 20 MOA rail. 2/3 the price of a Spur. If it is good enough for T Cortina, should work for you.
Did this today after mounting the above on a T1x. (Best I have ever done)
Will look at those mount!! Great shooting you did there

Near Alphamounts are Cdn made in Alberta. I,personally have 6 of them for my rifle glass.
Here is a pic I caught off a video. E Cortina 's 2 rifles with Alphamounts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230328_222108_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230328_222108_YouTube.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 149
Let us know how you find your scope once you tested it
Well I just got done at the range. The scope is mounted on a 8lb 338 win mag. The scope was clear and we compared it to a Viper PST and Burris Veracity. The glass is in the ballpark.

But, now the problem. After about 30 rounds I now have a black floating blob in the reticle that doesn't appear to be on the lenses. It appears to be in the scope. I guess I get to find out about the warranty...

Well I just got done at the range. The scope is mounted on a 8lb 338 win mag. The scope was clear and we compared it to a Viper PST and Burris Veracity. The glass is in the ballpark.

But, now the problem. After about 30 rounds I now have a black floating blob in the reticle that doesn't appear to be on the lenses. It appears to be in the scope. I guess I get to find out about the warranty...
That sad... make me re-think about those scope...

I ordered a 4x16x44 MOA in November and received mine in late February I think. I have not shot behind it yet, but did take it to the range freehand to compare to my 3x15x50 Burris Veracity. The glass on the Veracity is better, but the Arken will do the job I think, especially for the money. The top turret is rock solid it feels. I think I am going to be able to hit the range Friday AM to give it a test out.

I would consider another one for other projects for sure. They seem to be a very good value. I don't think it is better than $1200+ scopes as some claim, but it had alot going for it for $400.
I have an arken and I am very happy with it for the money.
image.jpg

Hoss50
I went back and re read your post. 8# 338 doesn't sound fun to me at all!!!!
Wish you the best in that deal with scope

Unfortunately when you pay $400-$500 for a ffp, illuminated, zero stop, tracking guaranteed scope that comes with a throw lever, sunshade, lens caps, rings, and a couple other items I'm forgetting, and has glass similar to most $600-$1000 optics, corners are going to be cut somewhere. Thankfully their warranty seems to have people covered.

I have used two ep4's in load developement, own one sh4, and have two ep4l's on order. I have already accepted that I am compromising with these optics, there are no free lunches, and issues may arise. As long as the company makes it right, I'm ok with that. That is the price one must be ok with paying with these optics instead of the extra $1000-$1500 for something like a nightforce to be pretty much worry free. To me, it's worth it on trainer rifles, range rifles, varmint rifles, and even my pronghorn hunting rifles, that never get bumped around much and spend most of their field time in a padded case.

For my high country deer and elk rifle, that may need to be counted on for a 800+ yard shot at a 200+ buck or 340+ bull after a brutal pack in where I may have stumbled, or ride in where it was in a horse scabbard being bumped around, I have a nightforce. It's great to have all the options we do now days with optics.

Anyone know what the current wait time is on the 6-24 ep4l's? I'm going on 13 weeks wait currently, ordered Jan 10th.

Last edited:
Hoss50
I went back and re read your post. 8# 338 doesn't sound fun to me at all!!!!
Wish you the best in that deal with scope
I had a brake put on it, but it still isn't pleasant. It is manageable, but not pleasant. It is alot one of the Ruger paddle stocks that basically don't have a real recoil pad, just garnish rubber...

Just got back from my first range trip with the EPL4 4-16. Very impressive especially. Once zeroed, I did an 8 moa box test and it returned perfectly back to zero. If it passes a 30 moa tracking test tomorrow, I'll be ordering several more. Two guys at the range, who I had never met, asked if they could check it out. One of them took pics to make sure he orders the same model when he gets home. Time will tell.