Arken optic

I had two EPL4 4-16s on order for five months and actually forgot about them. A couple weeks ago I came across my order and emailed them for a ship date and Arken refunded my $800. No idea what the issue was, but it seemed strange to me. I was looking forward to checking them out.

Has anyone received one of the EPL4s?
Wow weird that's too bad sorry to read. I ordered one in early Feb and Arken said 6-8 weeks came firs week of March. Ordered second one mid march said same 6-8 week, but showed up a few days later. They are on and old crusty Remington 700 30-06 and a Browning A-Bolt 7mm-08 will be zeroing them soon. After having had and SH4 6-24 on my 22 for over a year my quick observations. The EPL is a noticeable jump in overall image quality I've tested both at sunrise and sunset looking down my well shaded street to see side by side and wow for the EPL.. I shoot my 22 to 430 yards and the SH4 has perfect tracking with Burris XTR Signature Rings taking care of my rail cant. Assuming the EPLs will track and hold zero accordingly, but the view is beautiful so far.

Last edited:
I had two EPL4 4-16s on order for five months and actually forgot about them. A couple weeks ago I came across my order and emailed them for a ship date and Arken refunded my $800. No idea what the issue was, but it seemed strange to me. I was looking forward to checking them out.

Has anyone received one of the EPL4s?
I had the same issue with Arkin, only it was in November of last year. Their new line of scopes came out, my son wanted to try one of their lower powered scopes. The delivery time was 4-6 weeks. I figured this would make a great Christmas present, and…4-6 weeks was going to be tight, but figured that I could squeak it in just before Christmas. Well 4-6 weeks turned into a nightmare!! I called customer service and got outgoing messages telling me to leave a number and I'd get a return call; that never happened!!! Finally got a reply through email, again 2-3 weeks on the delivery!! Still nothing but another 2-3 weeks into this mess. And…my credit card had been charged the day after I placed the order in November!! In February I still got the same story it 2-3 weeks on the scope coming in. I was pretty well PO and told them via email that I wanted to cancel the order and wanted a refund. I didn't hear anything from the company for a couple of days so I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. The credit card company said they attempted to contact Arkin, but did not get a response, so they canceled the charges for the scope!! The very next day I received confirmation that the money for the scope had been refunded, and it had. So that left another mess because I'd already received the refund from the credit card company!!! So I let Arkin and my credit card company figure it out. Because if this experience I refuse to do anything with Arkin.

Between my son and I we have 4-5 Arkin scopes of various powers and we like them. We have a safe full of rifles with Leupold scopes on them. After reading the reviews we thought that we'd try them as a less expensive scope for our plinking rifles. The reviews were good and the scopes are grand the adjustments do as they should and they do reliably return to zero. I find the Christmas tree reticle a bit busy for me, and find that the center of the reticle can get lost in it. But… I refuse to do business with Arkin because of the treatment that I received with my last transaction with them.

Wow weird that's too bad sorry to read. I ordered one in early Feb and Arken said 6-8 weeks came firs week of March. Ordered second one mid march said same 6-8 week, but showed up a few days later. They are on and old crusty Remington 700 30-06 and a Browning A-Bolt 7mm-08 will be zeroing them soon. After having had and SH4 6-24 on my 22 for over a year my quick observations. The EPL is a noticeable jump in overall image quality I've tested both at sunrise and sunset looking down my well shaded street to see side by side and wow for the EPL.. I shoot my 22 to 430 yards and the SH4 has perfect tracking with Burris XTR Signature Rings taking care of my rail cant. Assuming the EPLs will track and hold zero accordingly, but the view is beautiful so far.
Yeah, it was a strange thing for sure. Never had anything like that happen before.

Anyone know what the current wait time is on the 6-24 ep4l's? I'm going on 13 weeks wait currently, ordered Jan 10th.
To answer my own question for anyone else wanting to know, I was just emailed yesterday saying both my 6-24 MOA EP4L's, ordered January 10th and March 9th respectively, were shipped.

I have the EP5 mil 5x25 on my Vudoo .22. I took it to Rifles Only for a weekend rimfire course. Shot out to 400 in 20 mph winds. Cranked knobs every which way.
Had the zero stop come loose once. Had to stop and reset. No issues after that, and honestly I may have not had it set up correctly on the initial install. Things slow down a little, I want to do a tracking test. James at Barbour Creek testing theirs, I am following.
If the zero stop is a non-issue, I will buy more.

I'm not familiar with most of the scope brands that ya'll have been talking about in this thread. Is there a dealer that handles all or most of these brands? If so who. I think that there's been alot of abbreviations for some of the names, if there isn't a dealer tell me the names that are abbreviated so I can look them up individually. Thanks

Short of a Schmidt Bender I had Nightforce has been the most reliable scopes I've used and is the only scope I use anymore. On a tight budget their SHV line is said to be just as reliable and by reliable I mean turrets that give accurate movement and return to zero.