Are you Satisfied?

I try to remain satisfied. I look, but I'm not buying stuff at these prices. With all the craziness, the market is going through a price reset. For me, that is not $150 for 1000 primer or $40 /lb of powder. So, I'm holding. I suggest we all do the same!
One of the nicest things about having a broad selection of cartridges is that if you run low on components for one you can just plan on shooting something else till the supply comes back around for what you're short of.

After thirty years of ever bigger magnums I never thought something like the measly old .260 Rm would be satisfying but they just keep filling the freezer every bit as well as the Rm's, Wm's, Rum's or .375's.

On top of that they run at about 40-60% of the powder volume per round so they stretch those supplies considerably.

I am happy too what makes me unhappy.. is that. lately I have adapt myself with what I find... shortage hit bad canada... impossible for me to find varget or rl 22 or 26 or 17... the only powders I always used between multiple calibers ( I started reload finding the compromise between 300 wm 6.5 cm..and 223... and once found my To go reload I don't change) now..I waste more time trying to mix and match results.. because OTHERS. LIKE TO BUY TONS OF THE SAME POWDERS LIVING THE REST WITHOUT IT... SAD.... SAD... AND VERY SELFISH
but what we can do... that is the human been ... and p.s what a @@@@ if I reload 80 to 100 6.5 cm with pound of rl17 . what other people does with10 r 20 pounds? they really watingfor the end of the world?
Eh>?

I'll shoot several thousand rounds of large case magnum ammo and a boat load of smaller case rifle cartridges in a year's time. For that I have to keep a supply of at least five different powders on hand at any given time and need at least five to ten pounds of each just to get through a year.

That has nothing to do with greed or being selfish it's what we call freedom and capitalism down here.

We all get frustrated when we're waiting for components but bashing on others who plan further ahead isn't going to put it back on the shelves.

Not if they have any sense.

It's not going to blow unless it's under pressure, otherwise you just get a big flash.
Well, I usually wrap my kegs with telephone cable (two layers) then set them it concrete..........................is that a bad idea? I hope it will contain the explosion.....you think.......?

I was a member of our VFD for 15 years and aside from me, they had no experience with gunpowder. I was the only one willing to go into a house that was on fire because everyone knew that, "He has lots of ammo in there". We could hear it going off every now and then and I explained that because of the mass of the bullets and the mass of the brass, it would be the brass that would move and not very far. But the house was a total loss and no one was hurt, not even by "all that ammo"!

N
Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
Nope, haven't bought anything since prices went out of sight. No, I'm wrong I bought 4 boxes of wolf 100gr 6.5 grendel only because I just finished up a AR15.

I try to remain satisfied. I look, but I'm not buying stuff at these prices. With all the craziness, the market is going through a price reset. For me, that is not $150 for 1000 primer or $40 /lb of powder. So, I'm holding. I suggest we all do the same!

I hate to say it but I think 35.00-40.00/lbs powder is probably going to be the new normal even after things settle back down.

There's just a limit on how much can be made and shipped to the US and demand isn't letting up, it's still growing.

Well, I usually wrap my kegs with telephone cable (two layers) then set them it concrete..........................is that a bad idea? I hope it will contain the explosion.....you think.......?

I was a member of our VFD for 15 years and aside from me, they had no experience with gunpowder. I was the only one willing to go into a house that was on fire because everyone knew that, "He has lots of ammo in there". We could hear it going off every now and then and I explained that because of the mass of the bullets and the mass of the brass, it would be the brass that would move and not very far. But the house was a total loss and no one was hurt, not even by "all that ammo"!
Well no, that would create an explosion. You get an explosion with smokeless powder when you create a pressure vessel.

When it's trapped in a container heat and pressure both accelerate exponentially until either the vessel ruptures or you run out of fuel.

That's why when you cap one end of a pipe and put some powder and a rock in it you have a cannon, and why when you screw caps on both ends you have a pipe bomb.

My local gun store had a lot of Hornady bullets in stock including about 2500 147 ELDM's at a normal price. I was very well prepared but I will buy a few things if they are reasonable on price but not going to pay some of the current prices. I have helped some people out where I could but I always ask them how they didn't see this coming?
In short over a period of three years demand increased by 20, 40, and again by another 40% across the industry and nobody could foresee it coming.

Not only have we added many thousands of new competitive shooters at the various tactical and long range games but we've seen higher sales of handguns and handgun ammo over the same period largely due to people flat being scared out of their shorts as our cities were inundated by riot after riot for more than two years leading up to the 2020 election.

Single women in particular are the largest growing demographic in all of the shooting sports which again, nobody really saw coming.

A real eye opener for people when I put on classes is this video.

Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
For no particular reason I stocked up on powders I use in my rifles for hunting and put in a supply of handgun powders that could work across the board for most of my hanguns. I did the same with primers. Right now I am out of large regular pistol primers but I still have magnum primers that can be used. Overall, I am sitting good for a couple of years of range sessions and hunts. Always on the lookout for primers though.

I haven't reloaded in two years. Just started cleaning up brass this week. I have H414 and that seems an ok powder for a lot of cartridges.
Been giving away 223 and 9mm brass. Probably stick to 243 and up to 338 and 38, 44 and 45 pistolio....but just a tad of that. I don't have a wide selection of pistol powders. Mostly HS6.
I have very few small primers of any flavor.
Bunch of large rifle primers, and, I don't think I will run out anytime soon.

Prices are what they are discounting the GB scalps. Buy what you need when you find it plus some. I doubt you'll see a decrease when the smoke settles. Look at building materials. Once they see this is what they can get for a product, the price tends to stick and add in astronomical inflation on top of it. I'm happy that you feel comfortable in your stock, but don't take that Holy road about you're the only one trying to make **** better.