Are you ready?

Sitting here in what may now be the epicenter for the whole country, most businesses are either closed or under order to reduce staff by 75%. Previously bristling communities are now eerily quiet. At Jones Beach they erected a mobile testing site. It's been operational for about 2 days. They process 1,000 vehicles/tests per day. You must medically qualify and have an appointment before you go there. I have a nursing friend who works there now. She said most arriving people appear very sick.

Latest reports say that 40% of those requiring hospitalization are under 54 years of age. It is no longer considered a danger that is confined to the elderly with pre-existing medical conditions.

The situation here seems dire and the reports worsen by the hour. No matter where you are, this CoronaVirus is something to be taken very seriously. Be safe & be well everyone.

Sitting here in what may now be the epicenter for the whole country, most businesses are either closed or under order to reduce staff by 75%. Previously bristling communities are now eerily quiet. At Jones Beach they erected a mobile testing site. It's been operational for about 2 days. They process 1,000 vehicles/tests per day. You must medically qualify and have an appointment before you go there. I have a nursing friend who works there now. She said most arriving people appear very sick.

Latest reports say that 40% of those requiring hospitalization are under 54 years of age. It is no longer considered a danger that is confined to the elderly with pre-existing medical conditions.

The situation here seems dire and the reports worsen by the hour. No matter where you are, this CoronaVirus is something to be taken very seriously. Be safe & be well everyone.
lock it down stay safe and god bless

This thread is a prime example of how this whole thing played out nationwide. Worth a look back at the start of the thread up to where we are today, and going forward.
Edit: this one and the canceling hunt thread are both good references.

Last edited:
you are correct sir it could get western heaven help them if it does this is why im staying out of town as this unfolds
I'm self employed and have to work to keep 5 mouths feed. However, I agree with you and try to keep away from folks and town.. wouldn't have been there this morning if not for the freezer emergency! Had to save the home grown vegies, venison, squirrel, rabbit, duck, dove! A country boy can survive!

plenty paper, plenty beer,ammo and two bags of tater chips we are set on go
I'm actually sitting pretty good that video was sent to me by a friend but I couldn't get the video online so I just took a screenshot the line is much longer than what you can see in the photo

Food shortage is not the problem. Economic collapse is the problem.

Think about it. 330 Million people and 6500 have Covid-19 and 75 are dead. That is less than 2 tenths of the population yet the stock marked is sinking like the Titanic. So strongest economy is trashed because less than 1 percent of the population gets sick....why would anyone in their right mind want to invest it that kind of market?
Something else going on here people.
The stock market has been overdue for a correction but this flipped the switch. The foreseen economic picture grows dim when businesses have to close to isolate their employees from this virus. The figures you quoted will be nothing compared to what you will be seeing in the weeks ahead. But, we have to be proactive in trying to contain those who have it and more importantly, those of us who have not been exposed to it. History tells us that this is the best way to diminish contamination by a very contagious life threatening disease. This, too, will pass, along with painful memories and struggles. In the second half of this year, if we all do our jobs required by compliance with how best to avoid catching Covid-19, we will recover economically.

Couldn't find any limes for my Corona beer at the store and got to thinking about maybe if I get the Coronavirus I will mix it with Lime Disease!
Never had limes disease but last year I went through Rocky Mountain spotted fever that was rough at one point I almost thought I was dying

Never had limes disease but last year I went through Rocky Mountain spotted fever that was rough at one point I almost thought I was dying
Sorry to hear about that. I had a friend who got it from ticks off a Muley he packed out on his back. I keep 52 gallon plastic bags and a can of CV-80D so I can put the hide and head inside of one and spray inside it. Then I tie off the top of the bag.
Everyone says wear 100% Deet to repel mosquitoes and ticks. I was up hunting in Alaska several years ago and the mosquitoes were horrible. I put 100%feet on everything and was eating dinner in camp when the camp cook asked me what was on my sleeves. I looked down to see the plastic red and white table cloth melted underneath them. I thought, my gawd, what is this crap doing to me?

Sorry to hear about that. I had a friend who got it from ticks off a Muley he packed out on his back. I keep 52 gallon plastic bags and a can of CV-80D so I can put the hide and head inside of one and spray inside it. Then I tie off the top of the bag.
Everyone says wear 100% Deet to repel mosquitoes and ticks. I was up hunting in Alaska several years ago and the mosquitoes were horrible. I put 100%feet on everything and was eating dinner in camp when the camp cook asked me what was on my sleeves. I looked down to see the plastic red and white table cloth melted underneath them. I thought, my gawd, what is this crap doing to me?
Wow no wonder it says do not apply directly on skin!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts