Are you ready?

Not at all - I never said they should stay home and neither did the health experts, merely to not congregate together. I drove around in my car and left. I did my walking in a remote area where I saw almost no one.
"Social distancing" is what everyone has been told repeatedly.
For now!

Stores by me very from relatively well stocked to poorly stocked, but they all have enough food to feed all that are shopping. The large grocery store a few blocks from my home has pretty much everything in good amounts and never really got that busy despite being only 2-3 miles form an IL border town that has become populated with rather undesirable people as well as gangs. but were out of hand soap, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes. They were low on bread, TP and PT's though.
The only item they had a limit on was two cases of bottled water.

The only stores near me in NW Indiana that were closed and then re-opened with police presence were a Sams club just over the border from me in IL and a super walmart in NW/IN which borders on south east Chitcago.
Both closed early last Tuesday due to being overwhelmed by customers.

They both are now open and well stocked and volume of customers has returned to normal.

Last edited:

Agreed - many are already practicing some form of isolation with trips outside the house only for work or other issues of necessity. My wife and I spend the vast majority of our time in the house or yard. We do take care of my wife's mother who is 78yo and housebound. I like to get out to exercise and break the boredom but avoid contact with people. It protects me and them from possible transmission.

I hate to say this but when people start dying, especially if they were healthy prior to the virus, I ll bet social distancing will become much more prevalent.... too bad that some folks have to see drastic things before complying. If it was only they re health being affected then have at it; unfortunately it can affect innocent bystanders.

I want to be quarantined to my house for 14 days. Man that'll be a nice vacation. Got all the food and goods we need . May even venture to the camp and stay for part of it . No electricity or in door plumbing there . It'd be rough but I believe me and mine would and will manage just fine. And no it really wouldn't be that rough🤪

Last edited:
Not at all - I never said they should stay home and neither did the health experts, merely to not congregate together. I drove around in my car and left. I did my walking in a remote area where I saw almost no one.
"Social distancing" is what everyone has been told repeatedly.
My apologies, I didn't pick that up in your post. I agree that more people need to a bit more cautious about this whole thing.

I'm very lucky where I live is larger tracks of land And fewer people as far as distance and self Quarantine etc. my Biggest vulnerability is my wife going to work other than that with the exception of groceries doctor visit auto parts I rarely leave my property anyway

Last edited:
well we are staying clear of the corona virus but I did wake up this morning with a bad case of the brown bottle flu
Hope you have your TP this is in Brentwood Tennessee at Costco
132B8CCC-87F3-4C93-9674-C29B50AF3C8B.png

Last edited:
a few days ago, I heard them talking about how they thought it couldn't affect the construction industry-- well guess what, a buddy is sitting at home today as the permit offices are all closed and they can't continue building without permits or inspections

Hey you'll think the TP situation is crazy, get this! I came home from a full day of work, 1/2 of it being out in this wonderful liquid sunshine we've been so wonderfully blessed with! Tied, wet, somewhat cold as I walked into the house upon which I hear a 22 cubic upright freezer making a horrible noise! The wife says... I think it's dying!!

We move stuff around to another freezer and fridge, compact and compressed to get as much saved as possible. I tell wife... keep the door closed and I'll go get a replacement in the morning.

This morning I proceed to Lowe's, walk back to the freezer section and a nice gentleman asks if he can help me. I told him I needed to by a freezer, his reply.... GOOD LUCK!

After extensive searching he found 1 freezer that had not been sold in the entire inventory, in stores & on the internet! Luckily I acquired it without having to resort to bodily harm! The salesman told me they had a couple that came in and bought 4 freezers!

As I was straping it down in the bed of my truck I heard... Is that a freezer? I turned around and stated yes. The lady threw a fit and stated... that was the LAST ONE! I said, yes ma'am. She was furious and stated that she had been there earlier and left without purchase. Before I could finish strapping it down I was asked if i wanted to sell it! Of course I said No, I actually have a need for one since mine went out last night.

Kind of hurriedly finished strapping it down while watching over my shoulder, wondering if I was going to have to fight my way out of the parking lot and home. WHAT HAS THIS WORLD CAME TOO!! BUCH OF CRAZY FOLKS OUT THERE!!! BE SAFE!

Hey you'll think the TP situation is crazy, get this! I came home from a full day of work, 1/2 of it being out in this wonderful liquid sunshine we've been so wonderfully blessed with! Tied, wet, somewhat cold as I walked into the house upon which I hear a 22 cubic upright freezer making a horrible noise! The wife says... I think it's dying!!

We move stuff around to another freezer and fridge, compact and compressed to get as much saved as possible. I tell wife... keep the door closed and I'll go get a replacement in the morning.

This morning I proceed to Lowe's, walk back to the freezer section and a nice gentleman asks if he can help me. I told him I needed to by a freezer, his reply.... GOOD LUCK!

After extensive searching he found 1 freezer that had not been sold in the entire inventory, in stores & on the internet! Luckily I acquired it without having to resort to bodily harm! The salesman told me they had a couple that came in and bought 4 freezers!

As I was straping it down in the bed of my truck I heard... Is that a freezer? I turned around and stated yes. The lady threw a fit and stated... that was the LAST ONE! I said, yes ma'am. She was furious and stated that she had been there earlier and left without purchase. Before I could finish strapping it down I was asked if i wanted to sell it! Of course I said No, I actually have a need for one since mine went out last night.

Kind of hurriedly finished strapping it down while watching over my shoulder, wondering if I was going to have to fight my way out of the parking lot and home. WHAT HAS THIS WORLD CAME TOO!! BUCH OF CRAZY FOLKS OUT THERE!!! BE SAFE!
you are correct sir it could get western heaven help them if it does this is why im staying out of town as this unfolds

This is the whole problem that I have. I don't want to get caught up in this whole thing but when the rest of the country is acting like this you have to join in or you will be left out. Personnaly I'm not too worried about catching this virus and dying simply because I'm being cautious about it, but what I am worried about, is the panic of the people.
Here in Canada the whole school system is shut down across the whole country for the rest of the school year. I'm not sure about other provinces but In the province that I live in, what the students have for a mark as of now is their final mark for the year.

I hear you but at this point we all need to get stocked up just in case, better safe than sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.