Are you ready?

Well, since this thread has to do with this Coronavirus junk I have add to it.......if nothing else just to vent a little. So, a school resource officer just called me and said that there's a good chance our schools here will be shut down for a month beginning next Monday and that the kids will still have to do their work 'on-line'. Excuse me? So, let me this straight......after I get off an 8 hour shift of dealing with "*Rule 4 Violation-bags*" I have to go get my 6 year-old (from a baby-sitter I'll have to give one of my kidneys to for payment) take her home and cram 8 hours worth of online learning down her throat every day for the next month? You gotta be kidding me...🤬

Yup, ours too. Kids have 2 weeks off for spring break then most likely they will go to e-learning days, possibly for the rest of the year.... if you dont have a computer or internet then "please contact us immediately so that we may get hard print copies out to you immediately"
Public school teachers in our area are salaried employees, so they get to stay home with pay while I go out to my hourly job then come home to be a teacher

I guess it's better than a bunch of dead kids though. I'll get through it all one way or another and hopefully my kids will be able to tell their kids about the big TP scare of 2020 and laugh a bit. Hopefully it's notas bad as the great depression that my grandparents went through, but she survived.

now aint it funny how this virus appeared right after trump's win over the impeachment and now they say lock the doors and stay inside don't go to any place with large numbers of people ((( LIKE VOTING CENTERS)) and such and this could last all year !!??? isnt that convenient !!

what everyone tells me public schools are free, so how are they getting paid to do nothing?? OH that's right NOTHING IS FREEEEEEEE!!!!

Take off the tinfoil hat Elk Hunter 338.lol Very true though that nothing is free.

COHunt, what district is your kid(s) in? I haven't heard anything about closings after spring break but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me either. Massive logistical issues for all the working families out there!!

Just wondering why these flu strains come from China? Why are we not billing them for the cost of the pandemic ? The World Health Organization needs to monitor their health standards. also the next time you eat something the was made in China ask yourself how clean is this .Cheaper products cost us more in the end, what other diseases are we exposing ourselves to and what cancers do they cause all for the sake of cheaper products.

Oh, it just got even better. So, my Sergeant just called me and said to avoid taking people to jail at ALL COSTS!!! Our jail has suspended all visitation and, for now, will not accept ANY prisoners without being medically cleared FIRST. When we go on calls we ARE NOT to go inside anybody's house....rather call them outside and deal with them (Ha...yeah that will work). Geez...this just keeps getting better and better.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.