Are you ready?

Take off the tinfoil hat Elk Hunter 338.lol Very true though that nothing is free.

COHunt, what district is your kid(s) in? I haven't heard anything about closings after spring break but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me either. Massive logistical issues for all the working families out there!!
I live on the eastern shore of Maryland. They have closed one community college,,and one state college. All have to do on line training till further notice. Pretty soon, we won't be able to get shooting supplies, cause, workers can't go to work! Here we go again! Next will be dog flu.o_O

You think the Coronavirus is bad? wait until the economy completely tanks. There will be more people dying from violence due to panic then all of the diseases we know of. We can thank the media for that in my opinion....Oh yeah, they want to see someone who is running for office based on a strong economy to fail no matter how it effects the country and its people. So sad!

near the springs--we are getting daily emails from both the school and district with updates that are "preparing us for possible closures, if conditions change" -- no one has directly stated it in writing yet-- but its there if you look-- why would they be saying "please contact us immediately if you are in need or want of the year's future lessons in hard copy" (exact wording from the e-mail) if they aren't getting close to a closure? Friday is the last school day before spring break, i'm guessing they will wait to declare a closure till just before spring break ends 2 weeks from now, but many colleges have already gone to e-learning--they are just being pro-active and I have no problems with that. We have friends near Denver, and they said they are getting the feeling from school communications that they too will be closed after spring break. Just a hunch.-- The next thing that will be in short supply besides TP will be baby sitters!! get one on the hook for your kids now if you want to go that route.

Some times we just need to step back and take a look to see how many things we actually have to be thankful for in today's world. Lots of people have much harder times than we...I dont mind putting up with a bit of short term inconvenience for the long term happiness of my family.

You think the Coronavirus is bad? wait until the economy completely tanks. There will be more people dying from violence due to panic then all of the diseases we know of. We can thank the media for that in my opinion....Oh yeah, they want to see someone who is running for office based on a strong economy to fail no matter how it effects the country and its people. So sad!
Im with you brother and No SILVERBULLETMAG i don't own any tinfoil hates just a realist with a very open mind and actually look outside the box like my friend here!!

near the springs--we are getting daily emails from both the school and district with updates that are "preparing us for possible closures, if conditions change" -- no one has directly stated it in writing yet-- but its there if you look-- why would they be saying "please contact us immediately if you are in need or want of the year's future lessons in hard copy" (exact wording from the e-mail) if they aren't getting close to a closure?
Copy, D12 here with spring break from 20-29 Mar. Wife deals with the school stuff mostly but I'll be looking into this further.

Oh, it just got even better. So, my Sergeant just called me and said to avoid taking people to jail at ALL COSTS!!! Our jail has suspended all visitation and, for now, will not accept ANY prisoners without being medically cleared FIRST. When we go on calls we ARE NOT to go inside anybody's house....rather call them outside and deal with them (Ha...yeah that will work). Geez...this just keeps getting better and better.
all our detention facilities stated yesterday that there would be no more visitors including lawyers (all done by video chat until further notice) , also the mil bases are the same way, no visitors/tourists--- shut downs and closures will become the norm over the next few weeks

I wonder how much TP they have stashed in the mountain at NORAD?

Im with you brother and No SILVERBULLETMAG i don't own any tinfoil hates just a realist with a very open mind and actually look outside the box like my friend here!!
Nothing wrong with looking or coloring outside the box! Just watch out for the conspiracy theory hype train is all.

Copy, D12 here with spring break from 20-29 Mar. Wife deals with the school stuff mostly but I'll be looking into this further.
D60, D20 and D49 have imposed travel restrictions for school outings and business trips
they are not saying that this applies to personal family trips but have said that 14 day quarantines may be imposed to students or staff if they show symptoms on return from travel

Last edited:
1584038092009.png

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.