Are you a SFP or FFP shooter?

Are you a SFP or FFP shooter?

• SFP

Votes: 89 58.6%
  • FFP

Votes: 63 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man - I didn't realize that many people are using hold overs to hunt long range. My guns are all zeroed at 100 to avoid any material change in zero at high elevations, but I will spin my turret to zero for mpbr while I am out hunting. Usually MPBR is 300-350. So I am dialing for anything over that - I have always had time to dial. I guess if I felt so rushed I would have to use holdovers to get a shot off at something more than 350 yards away, I probably shouldnt take that shot - I am trying to think I can't remember ever being in a situation where I didn't have time to get set up, range, and dial the scope. Dialing is so much more precise at long range.
Mine are zeroed at 100 also, if a spot where I'm hunting at allows, I range trees, rocks whatever land marks when nothing's happening, that gives me one less thing to do.....range in the moment, then dial.....the opportunity could be there and then gone by then.....Our farm has quite a bit of open ground but not enough to give me time to dial ALL the time.
Don't get me wrong.....it don't happen too much but sometimes things just happen and I don't want to be caught with my "pants down" sorta deal.

Yes dialing is more precise, for sure but not all of MY situations allow for that.....if I can I dial otherwise all the time.

Two days ago. at the end of a long range class they let a handful of shooters try a mile shot. I got my atacr with the moar reticule on the line to help spot. At one mile they had a 3" orange circle on the target. I played with magnifications 20 to 35. Perfect overcast day. I could still see orange with the reticule centered. Not much but I could center with ease. It did not matter which mag number I was on. I do not understand the people that say it covers more of the target as power goes up. Target is growing with reticule. My friends NP-R1 reticule could see more orange on high power but about the same at 20 power. Sfp scopes are the ones that cover more or less of the target. (More at lower power) The sfp's that I have work great. But once I learned the ffp. That's all I buy. I also like to use my rifles Year around not just hunting. This is a lot like mil vs moa use what you are comfortable using.
Your eyes are better than mine!

Dialing is so much more precise at long range.
You are probably right, but not simple. I maybe dialing by the end of this, but I really don't like to dial wind. I like to figure full wind and shoot when it feels right moving r/l on the reticle as I feel wind strengthen and weaken. IMLE wind holds are often under a mil, but seem to strengthen and weaken by the second.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.