Hslr ffp vs sfp

The more you use it, the more you'll find that the BDC (at a minimum) is a VERY handy item to have incase your shots end up being longer than anticipated. Having the ability to know your target distance with your rangefinder, and then being able to know which dot on your scope is closest, can be the difference between a kill and a wound. And nobody wants to wound an animal. Once again, just my thoughts. At the very least, the BDC would be my pick, next (based on your list) the FFP XLR reticle would be the way to go. Like I said, I prefer SFP, some folks prefer FFP, it's just personal preference.

That's cool that Vortex will be in your town. Definitely go and see what they have to offer, and you might end up with something totally different from your original list. It's all about finding what works best for you and your needs. Like I said, my LR hunting and target rifles sport Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 VMR-1 (MRAD) SFP scopes....Except for a couple. I have a few SWFA SS scopes and a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 BDC SFP scope sitting on a couple, as well.

Yeah checked it more yesterday and it quite easy when you know what line is what, 2 moa per line for windage and 1.4 4.5 7.5 for elevation. Only thing is ive read reviews of the 4-16 Vortex scopes not being clear at max magnification, wich is where you use the BDC... Will see Friday what Vortex have to say but just cannot wait :X

Just looked into the Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm. This one might be a good choice for my need, any1 used/heard of it?

If you DO decide to get a FFP scope, I would HIGHLY recommend a model with an illuminated reticle! No way I'd own a non illuminated hunting scope that was FFP.

This is an excellent recommendation regardless if it's SFP or FFP. Not by design but all of my illuminated scopes happened to be SFPs (purchased before getting my feet wet with FFPs).

Having said that, where I hunt, by the time I need the illumination I am passed the legal shooting time. While I can see the target at ~100 yards, I can no longer see what is beyond it, and always opt for not taking the shot ... but that's just me.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.