AR500 plate.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by gohring3006, Mar 21, 2015.

1. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Any leads on some AR500 plate? I was thinking I could get it cheaper if I bought as a plate and not cut into target type shapes and holes.

2. TH

TH Well-Known Member

3. JakeL

JakeL Active Member

I just bought some from an ebay seller, "gasteel inc" or something like that. They are based out of Houston, and I found their prices significantly cheaper than anything else I could find. I put quite a few rounds of 5.56 into one the other day to give it a good test. It is supposedly 3/8" ar500, and it shrugged off a wide variety of rounds without any damage whatsoever. But curiously, my buddy had one round that caused a significant divot. I'm pretty sure it was an 855 round, but my buddy unfortunately doesn't pay much attention to his ammo choices... So I can't be sure.

So anyways, I guess that's my review of the steel. It's good stuff, just don't shoot semi-ap rounds into it.

4. FAIRCHASE

FAIRCHASE Well-Known Member

I have purchased AR500 steel from three vendors including Gasteel and would buy again from them.

There was a thread here a week or so ago inquiring about AR500 targets. A poster posted a link for AR500 targets which were the lowest prices I have ever seen. A quick search should lead you to that thread.

5. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

6. jcvibby

jcvibby Non-Profit Sponsor

Appreciate that Tod!

3006 if you need anything feel free to give us a ring or send an email. We will help you get set up correctly

Thanks

Jake Vibbert
    JC Steel Targets

7. FAIRCHASE

FAIRCHASE Well-Known Member

+100 on JC Steel. Good people.

Any group sales in the near future? I have gotten in on more than one through another forum.

8. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

My neighbor ordered some plates from you guys and told me your story. I just learned this yesterday evening, I will be getting with you in the near future..

9. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

As a side note. My last order of Steel (two 10 x 10 and one 12 x 24) all came PAINTED BRIGHT WHITE. I don't know if that was a special deal, but it saved me hours of sanding, priming, and painting. And I tell you what....good quality etchprime primer and GOOD quality Paint is expensive, but makes a world of difference!! Cheap paint and primer (or none at all) and you will be knocking large slabs of paint off with each hit. It is a large pain for me to get to all of my targets and repaint them. Makes me want to shoot in high, switchy winds so I won't have to paint as often!! lightbulb lightbulb

10. jcvibby

jcvibby Non-Profit Sponsor

Fairchase, of course. I've been asked by alot of LRH forum guys to run another sale. I'll probably talk to mr. Bakus and get a LRH only sale going on