AR500 plate.

gohring3006

Any leads on some AR500 plate? I was thinking I could get it cheaper if I bought as a plate and not cut into target type shapes and holes.

I just bought some from an ebay seller, "gasteel inc" or something like that. They are based out of Houston, and I found their prices significantly cheaper than anything else I could find. I put quite a few rounds of 5.56 into one the other day to give it a good test. It is supposedly 3/8" ar500, and it shrugged off a wide variety of rounds without any damage whatsoever. But curiously, my buddy had one round that caused a significant divot. I'm pretty sure it was an 855 round, but my buddy unfortunately doesn't pay much attention to his ammo choices... So I can't be sure.

So anyways, I guess that's my review of the steel. It's good stuff, just don't shoot semi-ap rounds into it.

I have purchased AR500 steel from three vendors including Gasteel and would buy again from them.

There was a thread here a week or so ago inquiring about AR500 targets. A poster posted a link for AR500 targets which were the lowest prices I have ever seen. A quick search should lead you to that thread.

Appreciate that Tod!

3006 if you need anything feel free to give us a ring or send an email. We will help you get set up correctly

Thanks

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets

+100 on JC Steel. Good people.

Any group sales in the near future? I have gotten in on more than one through another forum.

Appreciate that Tod!

3006 if you need anything feel free to give us a ring or send an email. We will help you get set up correctly

Thanks

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
My neighbor ordered some plates from you guys and told me your story. I just learned this yesterday evening, I will be getting with you in the near future..

As a side note. My last order of Steel (two 10 x 10 and one 12 x 24) all came PAINTED BRIGHT WHITE. I don't know if that was a special deal, but it saved me hours of sanding, priming, and painting. And I tell you what....good quality etchprime primer and GOOD quality Paint is expensive, but makes a world of difference!! Cheap paint and primer (or none at all) and you will be knocking large slabs of paint off with each hit. It is a large pain for me to get to all of my targets and repaint them. Makes me want to shoot in high, switchy winds so I won't have to paint as often!! lightbulb lightbulb

Fairchase, of course. I've been asked by alot of LRH forum guys to run another sale. I'll probably talk to mr. Bakus and get a LRH only sale going on

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.