Ar15 caliber that uses large rifle primers

Those probably would
Work also. I find the powder that gives me as close to a full case of powder as possible. Xbr is a full case! Xbr I a few spots faster and gave me a bit more room for more powder but seems I need a adjustable gas block for that as it's opening my bolt to soon on ne of mine.

I'd go with the Grendel. There's a lot more 6.5 bullets out there than 6.8s. I fireform 7.62x39 brass, but my PPU brass is also large primer.

If your real adventurous, look into the .358 Yeti. It uses worked .308 brass and is an absolute hammer.

Now the real argument begins!

The clear winner for game at shorter distances is the .358 Yeti. It outperforms the SOCOM, is on par with .35 Rem, and can be put in a handy, semi-auto everyone is familiar with.

Oh, and brass is easy to get, uses large primers, and is a hammer.

My only question is what have you SHOT with 6.8 vs 6.5g? My MAGA experience with both is the 6.8 just flat kills better on Hogs and deer. The 110 V-max has accounted for Thousands of Hogs and double digit Texas deer. Book info just doesn't show what tissue damage is......

My only question is what have you SHOT with 6.8 vs 6.5g? My MAGA experience with both is the 6.8 just flat kills better on Hogs and deer. The 110 V-max has accounted for Thousands of Hogs and double digit Texas deer. Book info just doesn't show what tissue damage is......
My experience has been just the opposite on Texas deer and hogs. I built a 6.8 a few years ago to see what all the hype was about. I was using the 85grain TTSX rounds from SSA and the results were mixed at best. My wife shot a 9 point and killed it and 5 minutes later a sounder of hogs came in. She shot and hit 2 of them neither of which were recovered.

So far in 11 years of shooting the Grendel nothing has walked away.

I can say I've shot hundreds of deer and hogs with mine. Probably 10 plus Audad and 20 plus sika. Hard to put kill 20-30 yards average run after shot. 99 gr hammers

Recent Posts