Ar Pistol or SBR

rankin76

Has anyone built a suppressed Ar pistol or SBR for coyote hunting? I'm throwing Around the idea of turning my pistol into one or the other. Might be fun!

Any insight or pics of yours would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Ge the AR Pistol and save the $200 Tax stamp. We built a 223 SBR Suppressed in case had to trail a hog into the bush at night. Also to sit on the seat in the truck going to a set for hogs or Yotes plus keep as CCW in the vehicle. Wished we just got an AR Pistol.
Just remember if you get the Pistol AR version and you put a "Pistol Grip" on the forearm you then may need a "Any Other" Tax Stamp.

I would love to but here in PA we can't hunt with semi auto pistols so my only option would be to SBR it if I wanted to use it for hunting. If you can hunt with a pistol I would start with that route and see how you like it, if you do but would prefer a stock then SBR a second lower and then you can freely swap depending on your requirements.

I recommend a pistol. I have a 300 Ham'r in a 11.3 inch Wilson combat barrel. It's amazing how accurate that little sucker is. I consistently get a 1 inch 5 shot group at 100 yards. I recommend and quality adjustable gas block like SLR or Superlative arms. I have 6 Wilson Combat barrels and everyone is a shooter.

Has anyone built a suppressed Ar pistol or SBR for coyote hunting? I'm throwing Around the idea of turning my pistol into one or the other. Might be fun!

Any insight or pics of yours would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob
I got one a while back in 300 BLK. It's still technically a pistol. I've coyote hunted with it a few times but no luck so far. But it's a fun little gun in its own right and surprisingly accurate. Plus my wife enjoys shooting it so it was a good purchase. I added an AGB to help tame the blowback with the Ultra 7 and it helped a lot. Have a Dominus in jail that will replace the U7 since it has lower back pressure. As far as the flashlight, I thought it was a good idea until I turned it on at night with the can on it. The reflection off the can blinded me so not sure how practical it is. It also now resides on the left side of the handguard for ease of operation. But it's really only useful without the can attached. The folding adapter allows it to fit into small areas like my passenger seat or backpack, or a discreet gun case that doesn't look like a rifle case.

Anyway these little "pistols" are a hoot to shoot and I think you'll get a kick out of yours.

Attachments

• 86F5D18A-2326-461C-AD34-127CE9833B95.jpeg
    86F5D18A-2326-461C-AD34-127CE9833B95.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 59
I got one a while back in 300 BLK. It's still technically a pistol. I've coyote hunted with it a few times but no luck so far. But it's a fun little gun in its own right and surprisingly accurate. Plus my wife enjoys shooting it so it was a good purchase. I added an AGB to help tame the blowback with the Ultra 7 and it helped a lot. Have a Dominus in jail that will replace the U7 since it has lower back pressure. As far as the flashlight, I thought it was a good idea until I turned it on at night with the can on it. The reflection off the can blinded me so not sure how practical it is. It also now resides on the left side of the handguard for ease of operation. But it's really only useful without the can attached. The folding adapter allows it to fit into small areas like my passenger seat or backpack, or a discreet gun case that doesn't look like a rifle case.

Anyway these little "pistols" are a hoot to shoot and I think you'll get a kick out of yours.
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

When I bought my suppressor yesterday, it was all done in house at the gun shop. It was filed electronically, they said it could be 30 to 90 days! I hope that is true!