Pistol servey, do you carry?

BountyHunter, It sounds like you carry 3 firearms. Do you carry 3 at the same time or different ones depending on the situation?

Dang right I carry, Wilson Combat (QCB Compact) in Sparks leather when in town. When in the woods I carry a Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull, mostly for when the meat packing starts because I hate packing meat with a rifle slung over my shoulder. Besides, there are big things up here, that bite. :D

In and around town I carry a 1911 or a CW45 and or a Keltec 32 ACP....along with a M4 in my truck

When hunting I carry a S&W 357 Magnum 28-2 with a 4" barrel....also have a Ruger 454 when things might get mean.

I carry my 40 XDM when I go coyote hunting . Yes , I will admit its more for ***** and giggles, but I think its :cool: . I've noticed on videos some guys do also. I was just wondering how many do . Whats your preference, auto or revolver ? What caliber do prefer. I recently stumbled across Keltec's 22 mag, 30 rnd auto pistol. That could be a good close range coyote shooter. What do you think ?lightbulb

The Keltec PMR has been on my mind since I first heard about it.

Its good to hear there are other pistolaros out there. I also have a Kimber 1911 Int-match, SW29 , SW586 and TC w/ multiple barrels. I prefer a thigh holster for coyote hunting. SHoulder for the 29, cowboy for the 586 and shoulder for the TC. Don't forget to practice. Packing while coyote hunting should be a trade mark. Be :cool: .

Bow hunting in grizz area pack a S&W airlite 44 4", horn hunt S&W 357 5 SHOT, son the same, never used to pack on other hunts here or ID, UNTIL my hunting buddy was stalked by cat for 2nd. time, last in ID long bowed at 8 yrds, and came home from that trip and son 13 had been stalked just playing out behind the house, with his bow

No, it sounded like a young cat from talking to my son. The next weekend we went bow hunting about a hr. from home , took my son and we worked up a ridge with a few cow calls and called in a large tom , to about 35 yrd, once he saw us he was gone like a ghost

Not that I know much about them but, young or old that's scary especially with kids around.

No kidding! Were screwed here in Oregon. they wont let us run doggs anymore. Needless to say, the predator rate here has blown way out of perportion,and the number of game animals declines, and the price of tags etc goes up. About the time some Portland politician has a cougar walking into a Starbucks downtown, he might (might) get the idea, and realise what us ''real people'' have been telling them for years!
My dad has had me ''carry'' since I was old enough to hold a gun and safely hit what I was aiming at. I do not go hunting or even move cows without one. Cell service isnt gonna intimidate a cat at all if you have any......... We hold our own.

+1 with winmag. Also cellphones aren't going to intimidate criminals either in the more populated parts of the country that's why I carry concealed depending on where and what time I'm traveling.

Lets hang on to as much free spirit as we can find ! It seems to be running in short supply around me. Hard to find friends that care to do anything any more. My girlfriend complains about me going coyote hunting alone. I tell her it would only be poetic justice if I died on the frozen North Dakota prairie and the coyotes would've eaten my face off. :) Some how that is what I like about coyotes , they are the last bastion of of wild . I do not hunt them because I hate them it is because they are so elusive.

Last edited:
My wife and I carry everyday, everywhere we go unless where against the law(banks, federal buildings, etc.) I carry a Kimber 4 inch .45 or a ruger lcp with the pocket clip. Wife carries a S&W .38. We both have permits. I hope we never ever need them, but will be prepared if we do!

I like that!

90% of the time I carry a 23 Glock, in 0.40; one round in the chamber and 15 in the mag, in a leather holster that covers the trigger guard for safety. An extra 15 rounds mag goes on my left pocket. Besides, if I need more than 15 I probably was in the wrong place and won't get to use my second magazine. :D

I do not only "I hope we never ever need them" but I pray to the Lord that he keeps me from having to use it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.