Pistol servey, do you carry?

REDHEAD

I carry my 40 XDM when I go coyote hunting . Yes , I will admit its more for ***** and giggles, but I think its :cool: . I've noticed on videos some guys do also. I was just wondering how many do . Whats your preference, auto or revolver ? What caliber do prefer. I recently stumbled across Keltec's 22 mag, 30 rnd auto pistol. That could be a good close range coyote shooter. What do you think ?lightbulb

Even for hunting ! I'm in Minnesota but do little hunting here anymore. Most western states including Minnesota , for HUNTING purposes- as long as where it open and not in a discerning way. its acceptable. Every state is different . Minnesota , I can't have an uncased firearm in the vehicle. North , South Dakota, Montana as long as they are in plane site and no cartridge in the chamber its ok . However, a revolver has 6 chambers.

My wife and I carry everyday, everywhere we go unless where against the law(banks, federal buildings, etc.) I carry a Kimber 4 inch .45 or a ruger lcp with the pocket clip. Wife carries a S&W .38. We both have permits. I hope we never ever need them, but will be prepared if we do!

XD 45 compact Kahr P9, S&W 642 with clipit, Emerson CQ8 hooked in pocket and Al Mar Falcon w/serrated blade in the pocket are all used with one or more of the pistols and at least one of the Emerson/Al Mars always is on me.

At least one extra mag for the XD, 2 mags for the Kahr and 2 speed loader/stripper clips for the 642

Just use them to fight my way to the custom AR for serious social work! 18" heavy barrel with floating handguard, standard fixed short butt (don't wear the thick body armor anymore and the fixed butt handles better IMO) either IOR 1-4 with lighted reticle or Holosight

Travel a lot now and the Emerson/Al Mar combo go into my suitcase just before I check in at the airlines and come out right off the baggage carousel.

Old SF habits die hard and thugs even harder!:D

I cannot stop them from trying, but I will break them of the habit.

BH

Wow. Ive carried since I was a kid whenever I went huntin fishin or camping. Dad made me. When I was younger I carried a Colt .22 Frontier Revolver. Then a S&W .357 mag(never could hit anything with a Smith) Then a Ruger Blackhawk .44mag. Usedto cary my old Ruger Bisley Vaqero .45L.C. movin cows all alone in the timber or the desert. Now-a-days its a Springfield XD .40, but I miss my Kimber 1994era Custom Target 2, 1911 10mm. I sold it to a family friend only after he prommised to give it back to me in his will someday.

Springfield Armory 1911 .45 everywhere I go!
Mystuff.jpg

springfield 1911
I carry about 95 % of the time
To carry comfortably you need good leather I use a milt sparks holster

Even for hunting ! I'm in Minnesota but do little hunting here anymore. Most western states including Minnesota , for HUNTING purposes- as long as where it open and not in a discerning way. its acceptable. Every state is different . Minnesota , I can't have an uncased firearm in the vehicle. North , South Dakota, Montana as long as they are in plane site and no cartridge in the chamber its ok . However, a revolver has 6 chambers.

We are not allowed to carry more than one weapon in the feild.

Carry sometimes when hunting Uberti 1873 single action cattleman .357
Luckily in Texas handguns laws are not strict as some other states

I've hunted turkey and shot PD's around Timber Lake and stayed there many times as well as Isabel and McGLaughlin 87 to 2000. I grew up Aberdeen. Mostly hunt in ND now. Good to hear from you .

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.