AR 15 optic

Hello everyone! I recently just purchased an AR chambered in 6.8 spc and im looking at swapping the red dot out for a scope of some sort. I was looking at some 1-4 power scopes but I'm not sure if that will benefit me. I'm mostly using it for gophers and coyotes, I'd say around 300 yards and in. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! đź‘Ť

I've been pretty impressed with my athlon helos 2-12

Personally for gophers at 300 I think for me it would be better than a 1-4
AE5343FE-F3CE-4D46-9038-A9D290761AD6.jpeg

CE33F2F5-DDF0-4816-802B-09665C752133.jpeg

LPV is the way to go, I very much prefer a 1x on the low side and illuminated reticle is super nice to have if hunting low light or if action can get fast and close, the illuminated reticle on the 1x becomes a red dot. The cleaner the reticle the better. My primary is a Meopta, out of your budget but for toughness and quality and clarity they are REALLY hard to beat. You might find a used one you can swing the budget for. On the low end of the budget I have used a Primary Arms, hate hate hate the reticle with the dot in the donut and BDC clutter, but hold zero and shoot fine. If I were buying new now I would be looking hard at Tract and Meopta, and seeing what else is out there.

LPV is the way to go, I very much prefer a 1x on the low side and illuminated reticle is super nice to have if hunting low light or if action can get fast and close, the illuminated reticle on the 1x becomes a red dot. The cleaner the reticle the better. My primary is a Meopta, out of your budget but for toughness and quality and clarity they are REALLY hard to beat. You might find a used one you can swing the budget for. On the low end of the budget I have used a Primary Arms, hate hate hate the reticle with the dot in the donut and BDC clutter, but hold zero and shoot fine. If I were buying new now I would be looking hard at Tract and Meopta, and seeing what else is out there.
I've never really used an illuminated reticle, however I do plan on hunting coyotes closer to dusk on some hunts. I'm selling my red dot I have now and I'm gonna use the money from that to go towards a good scope. I figured I could get one picked out now to make a quick transition