Applied Ballistics Mobile App

Help!!,!, AB mobile was having some issues on my Iphone. I hard reset it and they still existed. I then backed everything up via web sync, deleted ap, went to reinstall and the ap store no longer has it. This is a $30 essential ap for my shooting. Anyone else having issues?

I am looking in to this immediately.

We are getting this fixed immediately. It should be corrected within hours.

Last edited:
Just FYI
I was having problems with my gun profile zero and my range card zero matching.
Turns out it was my wind setting causing aerodynamic jump.
Once I set the wind to zero they both matched.
Thanks Doc

AB Mobile iOS Update Notes:

We have spent the past couple of months addressing some major issues, changing the functionality, updating the performance, and fixing some bugs on AB Mobile for iOS. This update is now in Apples hands, and is currently awaiting the approval phase, from there it will go out to you guys. Estimated time to approval is 6 – 14 days (by Apple). This is not a complete list of everything that was done, but is simply the short overview:

1. We have fixed the GPS issues that were not properly populating location and altitude to correct for barometric pressure.

2. We fixed an issue where when users selected Auto Populate Latitude only, it forced populate atmosphere. Now it only populates Latitude when this is selected.

3. We have fixed DA and it will now automatically populate.

4. We have fixed the lockup on the environment screen issue.

5. We have added a button to populate atmospherics, so users no longer need to have "auto populate" on if they don't want it. This also allows users to back out to the environment screen and populate atmospherics on demand.

6. We have fixed a bug with unit conversions for metric, which users in some regions were experiencing.

7. We have fixed an issue where for some users the range card would randomly step at incorrect intervals.

8. We have fixed an issue where the range in the HUD could not be put lower than the zero range.

9. We fixed a bug where if you switched to lead controls the units would switch from imperial to metric and get stuck.

10. We have addressed compatibility issues with certain devices, so it should now work on all iOS devices.

11. We fixed an issue where when a user switched from G1 to G7 or back that it was not properly doing the conversion. It will now auto convert a G1 to a G7 and vice versa.

12. We fixed an issue where a segmented BC would scramble itself causing bad firing solutions.

13. We have fixed the graph so the comparison button is back, and you can now switch between drift and drop.

14. We have fixed the export table, so that numbers are no longer rounded to a whole number. When printing a range card, it now gives you a decimal place.

Doc, I recently got a iphone 6s and had to buy the app again. My older one was android. Even with all inputs identical the iphone outputs were always different than the (correct) android. Enough I quit using the iphone. Do these upgrades fix that?

Doc, I recently got a iphone 6s and had to buy the app again. My older one was android. Even with all inputs identical the iphone outputs were always different than the (correct) android. Enough I quit using the iphone. Do these upgrades fix that?

The firing solutions will be different, if you have wind input. iOS version has Aerodynamic Jump, the Android does not. But all other things are equal. Their is a chance you were a victim of the BC glitch. I wouldn't know without tearing down your profiles and digging through them. Best bet is just try it once the update is out.

Doc, the app for an I-phone is still purty screwed up. The hornady and nosler bullet libraries are swapped. I had to plug in a nosler A-max........ And somehow my 5200 ft elevation comes up as 1683 ft. What's up with that?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts