Apex afterburner a few impact resistance results

There's really no need unless someone simply wants to.
Same could be said at almost any level. That's a defensive response that says more than you think. "3k is no point. Just if someone wants to." Kind of how the whole game is here. We're all in it and doing our respective thing "because we want to" be in it. The goalposts will keep moving... Now I'm the one with a keen sense of the obvious. 😜

Same could be said at almost any level. That's a defensive response that says more than you think. "3k is no point. Just if someone wants to." Kind of how the whole game is here. We're all in it and doing our respective thing "because we want to" be in it. The goalposts will keep moving... Now I'm the one with a keen sense of the obvious. 😜
I think you have a tendency to read more into stuff then is actually there. The vast majority of people aren't pushing bullets over 3200 fps not even in competition. Most bullets perform extremely well from 1800-3000 fps. There's very few bullets that will perform at 3800-4200 fps especially hitting the knuckle. If someone wants to push the extremes good for them. But there's no actual need to push those extremes. You can excel within the normal range. It's definitely interesting to see the extremes but doesn't help most people as the data only applies to the few who are pushing the limits like that. There's nothing "defensive" about my response. I'm simply discussing the testing done and where it applies and doesn't.

I think you have a tendency to read more into stuff then is actually there. The vast majority of people aren't pushing bullets over 3200 fps not even in competition. Most bullets perform extremely well from 1800-3000 fps. There's very few bullets that will perform at 3800-4200 fps especially hitting the knuckle. If someone wants to push the extremes good for them. But there's no actual need to push those extremes. You can excel within the normal range. It's definitely interesting to see the extremes but doesn't help most people as the data only applies to the few who are pushing the limits like that. There's nothing "defensive" about my response. I'm simply discussing the testing done and where it applies and doesn't.
In this game, the "need" (or perception of it) is relative. And I think most guys here are very aware of the norms as you state them. This whole thread is about something outside of normal for sure, but more guys are getting there. You'll get there someday, I wager.

In this game, the "need" (or perception of it) is relative. And I think most guys here are very aware of the norms as you state them. This whole thread is about something outside of normal for sure, but more guys are getting there. You'll get there someday, I wager.
I agree if that was the case there's no need for anyone to make a new bullet that does anything out of the "Norm"

I think it's an honest question, people used to rag on Berger about their close range impacts even though this is a long range site. Currently Apex only offers the 102gr bullet in the .264 cal and based on the speeds I'm getting with the 123 Hammers I could realistically see a muzzle velocity around 3700 fps with such a light bullet.

If that 3300 fps max number is true then it would be good information to know so that I can either load it in a slower cartridge or consciously make a point to keep it off heavy bone under 200 yards.
Example I'm shooting the 109 gr 6.5 Hammer at 3728 fps and the 90 gr 25 cal at 3876 fps and I have no worries of a point blank range shot and the bullet coming apart and not doing it's job. Knowing what a bullet is going too do at a certain impact vel is important for the majority , regardless if that kind of velocity if necessary or not .

But there's no actual need to push those extremes. You can excel within the normal range.
I don't want to be normal. Matter of fact, I strive to be far outside the realm of normal.
I want to shoot better farther faster, climb higher, dive deeper…..you get the picture.
I don't own a 30-06, if I were satisfied with normal and mediocrity I would.
Did our founding fathers want to be normal and live within their given government limits or did they desire to exceed. We as a nation need MEN to push limits, excel, develop better products, better procedures,,,,, we freakin need to get our AMBITION back!
Good enough ain't good enough for me!