153gr Apex Afterburner .308 bullet

I would be interested in seeing the expansion around the 1800-2200 FPS area. These look pretty promising.
Below is a picture of our production version shot into wet newsprint with an impact velocity of 1644 fps. It was shot using a 300 Blackout with a 1:8" twist to mimic a long range impact. Petals radiated away from center symmetrically, and the shank penetrated perfectly straight for 13". Thanks.

1628963273798.png

Below is a picture of our production version shot into wet newsprint with an impact velocity of 1644 fps. It was shot using a 300 Blackout with a 1:8" twist to mimic a long range impact. Petals radiated away from center symmetrically, and the shank penetrated perfectly straight for 13". Thanks.
Well done. Now to get some on the market. ;)

I'm in.

I need one for an 8-twist 7 Allen Mag to test. I promise you, Mr mcdil, that the 7-AM would be an excellent test for some terminal effects. ;) I just can hardly imagine feeding a 117 gr pill out of that huge case. Thought the 150 BD-2's were kinda light. Might not see it go. 🤔😉

I need one for an 8-twist 7 Allen Mag to test. I promise you, Mr mcdil, that the 7-AM would be an excellent test for some terminal effects. ;) I just can hardly imagine feeding a 117 gr pill out of that huge case. Thought the 150 BD-2's were kinda light. Might not see it go. 🤔😉
We are getting a lot of requests for that bullet, specifically, and it's a hot one on my list. We really planned to address the typical twist rates first, but the 7mm 1:8" twist has received an overwhelming response for sure. As one of my former bosses used to say, "High class problems." We will definitely try to push that one up on the schedule as I think it will provide something quite a bit different compared to what's out there today. I just had to refresh myself on the AMs. Let's just say the velocity will be very high, lol.

View attachment 291217
Sweet! Looking forward to more offerings and information. BTW, congrats for being an official site sponsor.

Exactly! Competition breeds innovation.
Amen to that!

Below is a picture of our production version shot into wet newsprint with an impact velocity of 1644 fps.
Mcdil, I understand that the production version (picture in post #32) differs from your pre-production version (picture posted in post #1) in that you worked to get the petals to radiate out at 90 degrees from the shank rather than follow it in the production version. It sounds like you accomplished that. I can't help but notice that the production version as pictured does not retain the same wadcutter-like flat shank face that we see in the pre-production version. Is that just happenstance from these photos, or did you need to give up some shank shape in order to get the petals to radiate outwards? If you did allow the shank shape to change, I'd be interested to hear the thinking based on your test data. Interesting bullets. Thanks

View attachment 291217
I would think with all of those secondary projectiles the the terminal results should be considerable.