Anything out there for practical hunting distances better than the NAB?

DartonJager

Was looking for the experienced based input on bullets for the 300WSM for on game performance from deer to elk at impact velocities from 100-700 yards. Not just my 300WSM shoots NADs awesome all my rifles shoot them very well.
Been kinda outa touch with bullet technology developments for a few years and was wondering if anyone has come up with a bullet for use on deer or elk that can all around out perform the Nosler Accubond that is actually currently widely available.
I have a quite large number of both 180 and 200 grain .308 Nosler Accubonds but was wondering if anything new is available that is worth trying out in the bonded core bullet category.

I am also back looking now that the Federal Terminal Ascent's have dried up. They worked well in my 300WSM….I used the 175gr in my 20 inch barrrel for the extra velocity.
Am really thinking I may give the Hammers another try.

The Speer Impact bullets might be worth looking at.Available in 172gr and 190gr in the 30 cal. Here is a line up from left to right,180gr Accubond (BC .507),190gr Speer Impact (BC .596) and 200gr Accubond (BC .588) Good price on sale https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021050618?pid=904895
BULLETS 890.jpg

Last edited:
Hammer bullets. They are a mono
Op did say bonded core is what hes looking for.

I like monos for hunting too as long as you use them withing their parameters-- but op wants a bonded bullet.

Not sure what their availability is but the federal fusion ( also known as gold dot in some calibers) bullets work well for "bonded" type too

Was looking for the experienced based input on bullets for the 300WSM for on game performance from deer to elk at impact velocities from 100-700 yards. Not just my 300WSM shoots NADs awesome all my rifles shoot them very well.
Been kinda outa touch with bullet technology developments for a few years and was wondering if anyone has come up with a bullet for use on deer or elk that can all around out perform the Nosler Accubond that is actually currently widely available.
I have a quite large number of both 180 and 200 grain .308 Nosler Accubonds but was wondering if anything new is available that is worth trying out in the bonded core bullet category.

The latest and greatest bullets emerge every day, but none of them will harvest a deer or elk any better than the bullets that you already have. New bullets are fun to shoot/use/hunt with but they aren't necessarily "Better".

Lapua, Norma and Swift all make comparable bullets to the Accubond, the Swift Scirroco being the closest.

Cheers.