Is There a Better Cartridge Than 308 WIN?

Gday Jessej

Hmmm we have a problem Houston
I've been pondering the versatility of the 375 rum today coincidentally.

137 grain up to 400, maybe more….

It's the only rum I don't own. I think I must change that.
Oh man you want splat the 375 rum is it
With 225 hornady sp you basically cut deer in 1/2 they are no longer made but I've got 1 box left
They should do a RN as that would be cool I think 😇😈

The 235 hotcor are also cool still got over 1 k left of them

Then you enter into the true lightweight world
Yep that 137
That pill just ticks more boxes for me
As it's my training tool for getting the young ones use to the medium bore as recoil is incredibly low then the step up to a 240/70/80gr is easy peasy for buff ( no need anything bigger as that just slows the killing down ( no longrange & 300 plus here would be cool )

The meat damage is way less yet the runs are still basically not worth worrying about
This goes for the 3 pills yes I've had / seen runs with all 3 but placement is ultimately the issue

So let's get you out of that armchair & smack some of your porky friends

Cheers

Gday Jessej

Hmmm we have a problem Houston

Oh man you want splat the 375 rum is it
With 225 hornady sp you basically cut deer in 1/2 they are no longer made but I've got 1 box left
They should do a RN as that would be cool I think 😇😈

The 235 hotcor are also cool still got over 1 k left of them

Then you enter into the true lightweight world
Yep that 137
That pill just ticks more boxes for me
As it's my training tool for getting the young ones use to the medium bore as recoil is incredibly low then the step up to a 240/70/80gr is easy peasy for buff ( no need anything bigger as that just slows the killing down ( no longrange & 300 plus here would be cool )

The meat damage is way less yet the runs are still basically not worth worrying about
This goes for the 3 pills yes I've had / seen runs with all 3 but placement is ultimately the issue

So let's get you out of that armchair & smack some of your porky friends

Cheers
I believe you. I don't have anything as powerful as .375 rum but can attest that the lowly 30 cal Barnes tac tx 120 grain at 4050 fps muzzle vel also has some of that "cleaved in two" ballistics haha. Can only image a 137 out of a 375.

I do have a 358 Norma with a 27.5 inch pipe. Would be no trouble to load pistol bullets 110-180 grain meant for the 357 magnum…and hammer makes a 140 grain .358"…hmmm…..

Yes and no. Better is a subjective term and key items of importance are different between different people for different reasons. None of which makes anyone wrong. There are many ways to analyze and quantify what makes a given cartridge superior to another and none of them make the rest obsolete. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hmmm….this sounds like one of them trick questions my wife throws on me when she's looking for a good argument. Homie ain't falling for this one.
I call those "lose-lose" situations. You're screwed either way. 🤣

Reminds me of an episode of The Office where Michael (branch manager) is grovelling to his superior and trying to present himself in a positive light…

"they (his employees) don't get anything done when im not here"

His boss scowls about that

"Actually no, they're MORE productive when im not around"

That's clearly not a win either.

"You know what that's not it either: the same amount of work gets done in this office whether i am here or not".

Or something like that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 managers right?

Saw a fridge magnet the other day that was a disclaimer: "the views expressed by the husband do not reflect those of the management"