Anyone with First Hand Experience with Leica Amplus 6?

Mark37082

I realize there was a post in 2021 on this topic that received one positive response. Just thought I would start a fresh one to see if there were any new updates. The Leica's Amplus new line is great on paper and the price point is significantly below others that I have been looking at. I just have no personal experience with Leica. I can't find one anywhere where I can give them the once over. I've heard they were able to produce the attractive price point by producing them in Portugal (cheaper labor the Germany). I really don't put a great deal of stock in You Tube reviews (Eastmans and Guns and Ammo), but they have been very positive.

I was in the same boat a couple months ago. Not a lot of info but a few guys responded and have them. They were all pleased with theirs. I did buy one and put it on my 6 dasher. I haven't had it out more than a couple times but so far I like it. I got the 3-18 moa reticle.

I realize I am going through analysis paralysis at this point. I am waiting on a rifle build and probably have too much time to make a decision. The only hard and clear parameters at this point is weight, dependability, and clarity. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the March F 3-24X52, but hesitated and continue my search for the best scope for my purposes. In the end, I would prefer not to spend close to $3k on glass if I can find the right fit for around $2K or less. The law of diminishing returns is real.

What are your weight goals? I've never had a March but looked at them for a long time. The reviews on them are generally good if you can get over the parallax issues (supposedly fixed now?). I really like my leupold mark 5hd's.

25 oz or less is my target weight. I do not have a Mark 5, but own several other Leupolds. I was really wanting to try something different this time around. I have been labeled a Lupy fan boy in the past. The March is right at the max on weight. The Leica checks the box, but I'm a little hesitant due to no long term experience/testing being readily available. I am trying to buy once and cry once on this purchase. I am not opposed to FFP as long as I have illumination for close range dark timber shots.

25 oz or less is my target weight. I do not have a Mark 5, but own several other Leupolds. I was really wanting to try something different this time around. I have been labeled a Lupy fan boy in the past. The March is right at the max on weight. The Leica checks the box, but I'm a little hesitant due to no long term experience/testing being readily available. I am trying to buy once and cry once on this purchase. I am not opposed to FFP as long as I have illumination for close range dark timber shots.
That was my thoughts also on having the ffp illuminated for timber hunting on low power and being able to see the reticle still. If you decide to look at the mark5hd I'll maybe save you some pain. I didn't look at the subtensions since they aren't on the page with the scope info and a little buried. In my opinion they went backwards on their thinking and the subtensions on the illuminated reticle are much bigger than non illuminated! I have one of both in the 3.6-18. The other plus is the 3.6-18 is compact and just barely over your goal at 26 ounces.

I just got out my leica and started scanning the hills behind the house and it is a very impressive scope. As with my leica noctovid the colors seem to really pop compared to other brands and I can focus clear down to 15 yards on the apple tree buds! I haven't tested the illumination out other than in full bright daylight and even on the highest setting I could not see it against light colored bare dirt. I've been meaning to take it out on a cloudy day or walk across the road into the trees and play with it.

Thanks for your input. Most of my hunting is in the TN woods and clear cuts. I may be in a tree stand with limited range possibilities one day or overlooking a clear cut with 500+ yd visibility the next day. My old eyes need all the help they can get. BTW - I am a little concerned with mounting space on this new action (Defiance Anti X LA). Feenix was kind enough to give me the measurements on his action. The March fit but barely. Any issues with the Mark 5 compact mounting space?

The Leica I had seem to have fantastic color image and could see very clear. I don't have any complaint on the Leica at all. If your looking for a light weight scope might look at the mavin lines they are very good scopes for the money.

I know they are on the top notch shelf type of scopes.
They have very good glass as I've used (binocs) before and I'd say are comparable to swaros but haven't seen or heard about them in a long time.

I am just intrigued by their new Amplus 6 line. At around $1500 you can get a 2.5-15x50 with illumination. That's about half of the price of the March I was looking at. Illumination really pushes the price point on the March F. I'll never need the 24 high power on the March in my hunting and shooting. Although I would like to try FFP for a change. The Mark 5 3.6-18x44 is an option, but it is pushing $2600 with illumination. The only issues I see with the Amplus is limited long term experience with this model and SFP with limited reticle options.

I am just intrigued by their new Amplus 6 line. At around $1500 you can get a 2.5-15x50 with illumination. That's about half of the price of the March I was looking at. Illumination really pushes the price point on the March F. I'll never need the 24 high power on the March in my hunting and shooting. Although I would like to try FFP for a change. The Mark 5 3.6-18x44 is an option, but it is pushing $2600 with illumination. The only issues I see with the Amplus is limited long term experience with this model and SFP with limited reticle options.
Swaro V5 is also one to look at. It will be in your price range and below your weight preference.