Anyone with First Hand Experience with Leica Amplus 6?

Circling back to this I just came from the range. I was able to compare the Amplus 6to my Schmidt and Bender Klassik, a Leupold VX5hd, and a Zeiss V-4.

This is what I had to work with and compared to, and is a subjective opinion based on my personal eyes and experience.

To me the Amplus6 was almost as clear as my S & B. Definitely on par with it, and may be as clear but time will tail as I get more time behind it in different conditions. I am very partial toward that Schmidt.

Again, to my eyes, the edge to edge clarity, detail in resolution, contrast of the reticle to the target I give the nod to the Leica over the Leupold and the Zeiss. I am admittedly nowhere near an expert and don't even know all of the proper terminology to use. Keep in mind this was shooting on a target at 100 yards doing some load testing. But also I pulled the rifle up and looked into the timber at about 300 yards away.

Lastly I shot some steel between four and 500 yards. I really like the Leica, ESPECIALLY for the money as I purchased it at the current discount.

I'm two weeks away from doing some clear-cut hunting in South Carolina and I will report back on low light, real world hunting situation.

Circling back to this I just came from the range. I was able to compare the Amplus 6to my Schmidt and Bender Klassik, a Leupold VX5hd, and a Zeiss V-4.

This is what I had to work with and compared to, and is a subjective opinion based on my personal eyes and experience.

To me the Amplus6 was almost as clear as my S & B. Definitely on par with it, and may be as clear but time will tail as I get more time behind it in different conditions. I am very partial toward that Schmidt.

Again, to my eyes, the edge to edge clarity, detail in resolution, contrast of the reticle to the target I give the nod to the Leica over the Leupold and the Zeiss. I am admittedly nowhere near an expert and don't even know all of the proper terminology to use. Keep in mind this was shooting on a target at 100 yards doing some load testing. But also I pulled the rifle up and looked into the timber at about 300 yards away.

Lastly I shot some steel between four and 500 yards. I really like the Leica, ESPECIALLY for the money as I purchased it at the current discount.

I'm two weeks away from doing some clear-cut hunting in South Carolina and I will report back on low light, real world hunting situation.
Awesome, thanks for the report

What did you think of the illumination and low light capability hunting the clear cuts?
Great name. I reckon errybody calls you that 😀

What did you think of the illumination and low light capability hunting the clear cuts?
Great name. I reckon errybody calls you that 😀
Just read this this morning and I got a laugh. SChillbilly, sounds like you and I have the same sense of humor.

I hunted with the scope in Edgefield County SC and was very pleased with overall performance. I had a fixed 8X56 Schmidt and bender along side of it on one evening hunt so that I could do a comparison. I carried both rifles into a ladder stand overlooking I cut over that I could see 400 yards to the other side. I was impressed with the glass but I think I prefer the single dot illumination of the Schmidt and bender. On that scope and the illuminated dot sits in a number 4 style reticle.

But as far as glass quality I'm very pleased. Clarity, resolution, color rendition, chromatic aberration or all very suitable for me and on par with anything else I've got. On the lower illumination settings it works good but the reticle is a little bit busy when lit up, for me. This could just be me but for some reason on reticles that are illuminated I prefer a single dot. I did Shoot a three shot group at 500 yards onto a target while I was there on the last day of the hunt. For that, the reticle was great.