Anyone using PVA Cayuga bullets?

I personally don't care, I've shot bullets that simply killed well because they tumbled everytime. Just interesting from other recovered ones have obviously tumbled.

They are designed to tumble according to the guy who makes them. That's what he told me.

We got a stud 7x8 bull down with the 151 PVA from a 7 mag!

Taken at 660 yards, impact velocity of about 2490 fps. Bull was hit high double lung, under spine, back of lungs. He hit the ground within a second of impact, and was dead after about 30 or so seconds. From the field, they said they did not find an exit yet, nor a bullet. If I hear any more, I will report it. But, end result, big bull, one and done!

Resized_20221018_084722.jpeg

Last edited:
We got a stud 7x8 bull down with the 151 PVA from a 7 mag!

Taken at 660 yards, impact velocity of about 2490 fps. Bull was hit high double lung, under spine, back of lungs. He hit the ground within a second of impact, and was dead after about 30 or so seconds. From the field, they said they did not find an exit yet, nor a bullet. If I hear any more, I will report it. But, end result, big bull, one and done!

Cody - Very nice bull, congrats. Any terminal performance photos would be greatly appreciated.

Another elk down with the 7mm 151 PVA, again starting at 3390 fps.

This one is a large cow, taken at 530 yards, impact velocity about 2725 fps. Broadside double lung hit. Exit was quarter size.

At the hit, the big cow spun around, hopped about 5 steps, piled up and was done, only a few seconds. Minimal meat damage, and the lungs were heavily damaged. No complaints so far, I think we have around 10 animals with them now, 3 of which were large elk, a couple bigger mulies, and several pronghorn.

signal-2022-10-25-11-24-02-170.jpg

This one is a large cow, taken at 530 yards, impact velocity about 2725 fps. Broadside double lung hit. Exit was quarter size.

At the hit, the big cow spun around, hopped about 5 steps, piled up and was done, only a few seconds. Minimal meat damage, and the lungs were heavily damaged. No complaints so far, I think we have around 10 animals with them now, 3 of which were large elk, a couple bigger mulies, and several pronghorn.

View attachment 404734
That's smoking using 7 rem mag right?

These bullets seem to work great. I haven't had a tag in 2 years so thank you for the updates on these bullets

These bullets seem to work great. I haven't had a tag in 2 years so thank you for the updates on these bullets
My 7 Sherman max liked to run the 151 right at 3400-3450 which was a hot load, but imagine the rem mag should do it without much sweat.

View attachment 404734
Awesome and congrats

Correct. These seem to be similar to hammer hunter bullets as far as load work up, lower engraving force and small bearing surface makes it to where you can get a little higher velocities. I was concerned at first that it was just the virgin brass hiding pressure, but after the second loading and fireing, still no signs and brass seems fine. I hate to even say it on an open forum, but 3390 was significantly below where I saw any signs of pressure.

Awesome and congrats
Thanks!

Correct. These seem to be similar to hammer hunter bullets as far as load work up, lower engraving force and small bearing surface makes it to where you can get a little higher velocities. I was concerned at first that it was just the virgin brass hiding pressure, but after the second loading and fireing, still no signs and brass seems fine. I hate to even say it on an open forum, but 3390 was significantly below where I saw any signs of pressure.

Thanks!
That's pretty impressive. When I shot them I had a 28 nosler that was tight neck tight bore and with imr 8133 only could get 3218 without getting pressure. I'm hoping my 7mm-300 win mag will be 3400 with n565