Has anyone used Woodleigh Bullets?

pburton

I have recently considered trying Woodleigh 160gr PP Weldcores in my 6.5x284 for an upcoming elk hunt. Anyone have any experience with these bullets? I hear very little about them. The BC seems OK. I do not intent on shooting past 500 yards. They have a great SD which should lead to very good penetration.

I am in the exact same boat as you! I use another 160 gr high BC bullet in a 6.5-06 imp. The 160 I am using shoot amazing but are a bit too fragile out to 500-600 yards. I was going to order the 160 woodleigh soon.

I haven't used those exact bullets in my 264, but seeing as though Woodleigh bullets are made locally to me, I used a lot of them in mostly big bores, but my 300WM likes the 180gr PP, and my 338 likes the 250gr PP and 225gr PP.
On game performance is very very good, nice 4 petal mushrooms are the norm and they penetrate quite well.
I feel you will be impressed with their performance.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.