Has anyone used matrix bullets?

BUMP.... just in case there are updates.

Just came across these on the net. Watching with interest, particularly in .277....

Roy, Marshall sent me some 165 .277 last week I have loaded up
15 rds with retumbo 69.5, 70 , & 70.5 all seated exactly as my 169.5 wildcats just touching the lands. I was going to shoot today but it's so darn cold here today I decided to see if it might be a tad bit warmer next saturday . these 165's I believe are a match grade non bonded and look to be vary similar to the Berger 150 VLD but a longer bullet 13 caliber ogive I believe you would have to check with Marshall for sure. THey are not the ULD RBBT but a boat tail VLD, it is only about .005 different in total lenth than the last single 169.5 origanal Richerd Graves bullet I have left. Matrix is actually a little longer.
Matrix 165 1.431
wildcat 169.5 1.426 they will vary ofcoarse due to the meplat
the Matrix has a smaller bearing surface, they will be over .700 bc I'm positive.
I do have a friend who is a wildlife office and have already contacted him as to using my gun & the Matrix bullet for some deer control if the oppertunity arises
I to am interestd to see how they perform on game I will let you all know hopefully next Saturday.

Lefty was all ready to shoot and report on these a few months ago. No report??

My guess is he got similar results as I had.

Lefty was all ready to shoot and report on these a few months ago. No report??

My guess is he got similar results as I had.

Sorry My computer has been down I thought I had posted the paper test my DWR buddy didn't pull through with a live critter I could legally dispose of. But the 165's I shot were loaded to the same specs as my wild cats and shot vary well. @ 100 they grouped under 1/2" easily and then I moved to 500 yard gong smacked it all three shots then to a 930 yard gong hit 2 of three on a 16" gong and the one missed was maybe off the plate 1/4",so the bc must be vary close to the wildcat 169.5's witch in my gun on exball is .750 the berger chart seems to come in @ .770 to give me the same mv drop & energy. Still don't know about live flesh performance but I do like the bullets. my friend has bought some from Marshall and they arrived with very quick response. I dont know if I will get a chance to kill any thing big till fall season if even then, as our draw system may prevent me from hunting @ all this year. But my friend has a nebraska hunt I think his son will be using the 165 Matrix in a 270 WSM this year.

Well gentleman my little bride bought me a box of 7mm matrix 168 grain VLD bullets to play with for fathers day. I was able to load a ladder test up today and shot less than half of it before I hit more pressure than I wanted. Which was fine because I already had a good idea of what my rifle would like from shooting bergers in the past. After the ladder test was done I loaded up three 3 shot groups and then shot those at 300 hundred yards. I am pretty sure I can say in all honesty that these bullets can shoot. All 3 groups measure measured right at 2 inches. But the one I like the most averaged 3014 fps with a 14 fps spread in the 80* temps today and that group was, bullets 1 and 3 at .75" apart and bullet 2 was a flier that opened the group to right at 2" with only .75" vertical string. So that tells me I either yanked that shot or I need to still play with seating depths which is on the agenda anyway. Needless to say Im happy so far, because after only shooting 14 bullets out of the box im already grouping 2/3 moa. Ill get these bullets dialed in soon and then see how they react from being shot into different things and let you all know What I find.

Jason

Holy cow!! I'll tell ya, that 6mm 117 VLD with an advertised BC of .650 would be SWEET in my 6-284! wow!

I just might have to try them...gun)----------------------------------<POP!

The 210 out of a 300 RUM shoot .750 group at 200 yards from a Remington 700.
I really like them. Not sure if they are better than Berger but do shoot well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.