Anyone run tape over suppressor muzzle?

I used to use a bandaid or electrical tape. Both are in my pack always. Now that I have some nicer custom rifles I have switched to full a rifle cover. It's stretchy, waterproof and has reinforcement for the muzzle. Long enough and wide enough for suppressed rifles. And allows your sling to stick out the bottom so it doesn't inhibit carry. Super easy for spot and stalk glassing in open country, and if needed for quick setups, it's surprisingly quick to take off (as quick as a neoprene scope cover). But I imagine in thick timber with really quick, close up shots, or if you jump a deer or elk out of his bed, you wouldn't be able to get it off and on target before the buck or bull bolted. Caldwell has one and solo hunter has one. The solo hunter is definitely more rugged. And I like it way more than tape or worrying about POI shift.

Finally....found the pics of my tape. Better late than never?
James

Attachments

• 33F30978-ED63-4B86-9D6F-C140B51A0B91.jpeg
    33F30978-ED63-4B86-9D6F-C140B51A0B91.jpeg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 93C8949F-3439-4E45-93F4-14421E01DAFD.jpeg
    93C8949F-3439-4E45-93F4-14421E01DAFD.jpeg
    885.2 KB · Views: 193
I do it all the time, never had a problem with it that I could tell. The ambient pressure in front of the bullet will most likely unseat the tape before the bullet gets there, in my experience. I use something that covers but doesn't stick very well, like blue painters tape or green tape. Half the black electrical tape now days doesnt stick that well either. I fold one end under and make myself a pull tab for easy removal at trigger time.

JM

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.