Anybody running a suppressor?

SAS Arbiter with Ti brake/mount. After a metric f-ton of research and recommendations I think it will be the best choice for me.

SAS Arbiter with Ti brake/mount. After a metric f-ton of research and recommendations I think it will be the best choice for me.

I have a couple SAS cans and Tim has made me some adapters so I could play around with my bigger cans on smaller caliber rifles. SAS makes a top quality suppressor so I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice.

Curious, did you go with a Trust or file individual? From what I've heard, folks that file individual are getting their approvals back considerably faster, in 4-6 months, than those who are using a Trust which seem to be taking around 12 months or more.

I'll be filing as an individual, currently waiting for the suppressor to ship across the country. Hopefully starting the paperwork next week once it arrives at my local dealer .

Keep us updated on the current wait times. If they've shortened back down to 3-4 months, I might order a few while the waits are short.

I can't confirm yet , but all of the dealers I spoke to said that current wait times are 4-6 months for an individual. They also said trusts are running around a year.

I can't confirm yet , but all of the dealers I spoke to said that current wait times are 4-6 months for an individual. They also said trusts are running around a year.
Trusts are supposed to be shorter, why the hell is taking twice as long? Unless that stupid 41F crap that Obama pulled put some extra strain on the Trust system...?

I can't prove it, but trusts seem more involved , more background checks, more paperwork ect. Makes sense to me that a trust would take more time.

But I'm brand new to all of this, my opinion is probably worth less than zero on this subject.

Trusts are supposed to be shorter, why the hell is taking twice as long? Unless that stupid 41F crap that Obama pulled put some extra strain on the Trust system...?
I submitted a form for a new suppressor, purchased by my new trust, then also submitted a form to transfer my other suppressor from my name into the trust. I received the stamp for the new one in six months, the one for the xfer from myself to the trust took two more months to arrive.

I would much rather see Congress pass it into law, but it's blatantly obvious that Paul RINO isn't going to let that happen, because he secretly works for the Dems. Every time they go to take up a vote on it, someone has to go and shoot-up something! Which causes Congress to shelve the **** bill, because nobody has a backbone anymore.

So, at this point, as spineless as Congress and the Repubs are (even though we hold the majority right now), Trump just needs to get out his pen and pass the HPA, SHARE, or SHUSH Act. Any of the 3 will make me happy, but the SHUSH Act is the best... Because, unlike most bills, once a genie that big is let out of the bottle, it will NEVER get voted back in unless the Dems completely take over everything. In which case, I'm sure Civil War 2.0 will breakout. I would prefer the SHUSH Act, because it completely deregulates them, and makes just like any other muzzle devices, where there is no paperwork or registration or background check. You buy them anywhere and everywhere, online, in stores, and no paperwork right to your door, as if you just bought an A2 birdcage or an AAC 51-tooth muzzle brake.

The reason going all the way to the complete deregulation and deregistration of suppressors (like the SHUSH Act) would allow that genie to never be recaptured, is because over the next 3 to 7 years (hopefully Trump wins again in 2020) by the time the Dems would have enough power and support to ATTEMPT to re-regulate them again, there would be so **** many legally-owned and possessed non-registered, numbered or accounted for suppressors out there in private hands, that there would be absolutely ZERO way to enforce the new law. Even after the law was re-passed to re-regulate, someone could still make their own tomorrow, and say they made it before it passed, and nobody is the wiser, because it has no numbers, and no proof it wasn't built prior to the new regulations. Someone might say, "well, they'll just ban them altogether..." Nope, not gonna happen either, CW2.0, and then the Dems would become extinct, along with their neo-commie Antifa army of brainwashed ******* in skinny jeans and black ski masks.

Last edited:
I chose the trust over the individual so I could add my wife and kids and hunting partners to the trust. Will allow them to keep it if something happens to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.