Anyone own the NF B.E.A.S.T.?

Litehiker

I''ve read that the NightForce BEAST is the best long range scope on the planet. It better be for north of $3,500.

Anyone have one?

I'll be getting one along with a Lamborghini Huracan when I hit the lottery.

Meanwhile I'll be content with my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X 50 with Horus reticle.

We will be publishing an in-depth review next month. Written by Nick Gebhardt.

Thanks Len. Looking forward to the review and a thorough in-field test. The only in-depth review I've seen is from the Shooting Times "Sniper" magazine.

If that review is any judge I'd say the BEAST is the very best ultra long range scope available at any price. The quality of components and precision of manufacture and assembly have likely set new benchmarks for the industry.

I'd say the US military would be well advised to use the BEAST on the new .338 Lapua mag.Remington Defense Precision Sniper Rifle. If any class of rifles deserves it that sniper category does. I can see mine sitting on a Desert Tech (DTA) in .300 Norma mag. ;o)

Just left the shooting supply store and was told that the beast has been recalled for problems not sure its true just thought I would pass it along. Or basically wondering if anyone else has heard this or if the guy doesn't know what hes talking about. Hope hes wrong as this is the scope I want for my AM.

I heard from a friend who attended the Shot Show last year that when he went by the Nightforce booth to look at them, the 3 that they had were all "broken", whatever that means.

The BEAST article has been finalized and it is now with Len for final review. After spending a few weeks with that scope, analyzing the little details and looking for faults, if I could sell off every other high end scope and buy these instead, I would. Unfortunately I didn't get to beat this one up (I didn't ask as it had to go back to NF), but being it is a NF, I'm confident it can handle the rough and tumble bumps I would have subjected it to anyway. In short, I was highly impressed with the scope. NF has a definite winner. I hope the article is well received.

Geb

Thanks for the update Nick. Looking forward to your article. As with any new product as complicated as the BEAST it is bound to have teething problems.

Once those are sorted out I think it will indeed be the equal of any Schmidt & Bender or Heinsholdt scope for reliability, quality and features.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.