Anyone own a Leupold VX-6 4-24x52?

OK... I guess I have egg on my face and have to admit that I was simply wrong about the amount of POI shift per click on two of my Mark 4 scopes I just tested yesterday.

I shot two shots at my standard 1.5" above POA at 100yds and then adjusted the reticle 3" left and 3" high and shot, then 6" right and shot, then 6" down and shot, then 6" left and shot to complete the "box". Then I adjusted 3" right and 3" up to get back to center.

All POI's on both rifle scope combinations were right on where they were supposed to be after I figured out that it was better if I went 2 clicks past where I intended to stop and then the 2 clicks back to where my intended adjustment was.

This set me to scratching my head and wondering where I got the silly idea that these scopes were giving me too much POI shift per adjustment and suddenly the lights went on in my dim brain... LOL

When I always do my final adjustments at 200yds for the 200yd zero I prefer for all my rifles, I end up making one click at a time adjustments which usually gives me erratic results which are often over 1/4 MOA.

So my question to someone with more experience than me is how to do a one click adjustment and have it be 1/4 MOA? Should I go a click or two past where I intend to end up and then back to where I want to be or what is your technique?

By the way... Pass the crow please... ;)

OK... I guess I have egg on my face and have to admit that I was simply wrong about the amount of POI shift per click on two of my Mark 4 scopes I just tested yesterday.

I shot two shots at my standard 1.5" above POA at 100yds and then adjusted the reticle 3" left and 3" high and shot, then 6" right and shot, then 6" down and shot, then 6" left and shot to complete the "box". Then I adjusted 3" right and 3" up to get back to center.

All POI's on both rifle scope combinations were right on where they were supposed to be after I figured out that it was better if I went 2 clicks past where I intended to stop and then the 2 clicks back to where my intended adjustment was.

This set me to scratching my head and wondering where I got the silly idea that these scopes were giving me too much POI shift per adjustment and suddenly the lights went on in my dim brain... LOL

When I always do my final adjustments at 200yds for the 200yd zero I prefer for all my rifles, I end up making one click at a time adjustments which usually gives me erratic results which are often over 1/4 MOA.

So my question to someone with more experience than me is how to do a one click adjustment and have it be 1/4 MOA? Should I go a click or two past where I intend to end up and then back to where I want to be or what is your technique?

By the way... Pass the crow please... ;)

In the past IIRC some would advise that after you made an adjustment that you give the scope a mild whack with the palm of your hand to ensure that the adjustment took. If it didn't take then the recoil from the next shot probably did it for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.