Anyone own a Leupold VX-6 4-24x52?

LDHunter

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Leupold VX-6 4-24x52 scope and although I'm sure the magnification is what I want I haven't had the best results or reliability with my Leupold scopes other than the Mark 4's.

Does anyone have one and if so what do you like and not like about it? There just don't seem to be very many objective reviews on them except for sports writers gushing about how wonderful they are. LOL

By the way... They can be had for a song on Gunbroker and you can negotiate the shipping to free if you're patient.

I've had a lightweight (not featherweight) 7SAUM built on a Remington action and it shoots lights out and I'm thinking I've finally settled on my long range hunting rifle for deer up to and including elk. I wanted a no compromise scope but the ATACR is just too heavy for this application and although I'm getting a little long in the tooth I'm in good shape and work out several times a week.

NOTE: Please no FFP scope suggestions. I absolutely can't stand them for hunting.

I have one on a newly built 6 Dasher hunting gun. But I cannot give a detailed review because I just haven't used it enough. But so far I do like it. Still only doing load development. Not sure if all of them have the built in reticle level? Suppose to blink when canted. Mine doesn't???

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Leupold VX-6 4-24x52 scope and although I'm sure the magnification is what I want I haven't had the best results or reliability with my Leupold scopes other than the Mark 4's.

Does anyone have one and if so what do you like and not like about it? There just don't seem to be very many objective reviews on them except for sports writers gushing about how wonderful they are. LOL

By the way... They can be had for a song on Gunbroker and you can negotiate the shipping to free if you're patient.

I've had a lightweight (not featherweight) 7SAUM built on a Remington action and it shoots lights out and I'm thinking I've finally settled on my long range hunting rifle for deer up to and including elk. I wanted a no compromise scope but the ATACR is just too heavy for this application and although I'm getting a little long in the tooth I'm in good shape and work out several times a week.

NOTE: Please no FFP scope suggestions. I absolutely can't stand them for hunting.

What's your idea of a song price? I see a couple on Gunbroker that are comparable to what I paid for mv VX6-HD 171565. Most of the rest a far amount above the "song" price.

I have one on a newly built 6 Dasher hunting gun. But I cannot give a detailed review because I just haven't used it enough. But so far I do like it. Still only doing load development. Not sure if all of them have the built in reticle level? Suppose to blink when canted. Mine doesn't???
IIRC you have to press the illumination switch for 15 seconds to turn that feature on or off....

What's your idea of a song price? I see a couple on Gunbroker that are comparable to what I paid for mv VX6-HD 171565. Most of the rest a far amount above the "song" price.

Most everyone is trying to get $1999 for them and Ingus has them for $1539.99 and I've asked a couple of the other sellers and they said they'd match that price, drop the shipping and waive the extra amount to use my credit card.

I guess it's semantics... Not really as song but a great deal in light of what most people are trying to get for them. I've found similar deals on Nightforce and other Leupolds on Gunbroker as well...

Most everyone is trying to get $1999 for them and Ingus has them for $1539.99 and I've asked a couple of the other sellers and they said they'd match that price, drop the shipping and waive the extra amount to use my credit card.

I guess it's semantics... Not really as song but a great deal in light of what most people are trying to get for them. I've found similar deals on Nightforce and other Leupolds on Gunbroker as well...

Assuming the number is 171579 retail from Leupold is $2600. Most on GB are $1999 with a couple better deals as you indicated.

Yes 171579 is the one I want to buy but as long as they've been available it seems that there are very few reviews and very few people that own them or are willing to discuss them. That makes me nervous.

Of course happy people usually are pretty quiet and it's the complainers that we hear from the most so maybe that's it. LOL

My Leupy Mark 4 scopes have the TMOA reticle although none are illuminated but I like that reticle fine but my all time favorite is the Nightforce MOAR.

I have had no complaints with mine but I don't hunt with mine as I take my time to get it set right . the glass is good to me , I don't get eye strain , from it . If you learn to use it the setup time can be decreased and I think you will like it . I just shoot long range targets with mine as all I want to kill now is time .

I have an older VX6 4X24X52X44 and just bought a new VX6 HD same power. Love both. I like the leveling system and locking turrets on the new one. Glass is xlnt.

I have the vx6hd in 3-18x50. I know it's not exactly the same but I do like this scope a lot. The low pro turrets, the locking mechanism, the glass, are all great for hunting. The anti-cant level and illumination are nice too. I am not crazy about the moa reticle but it works fine and right now this scope is on my light weight go to hunting rifle. I am seriously considering selling my NF NXS and getting another vx6hd for the weight savings.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.