Anyone on here load for .358 Norma Mag?

It's really too bad woodleigh is no longer making bullets. They had a few that would have been perfect for this. A .358 mag with a 310 weldcore round nose would give up nothing to the big .33s or .37s for close range smashing power.
I'm shooting the Barnes 225gr TSX bullets out of the 35 Whelen, it crushes black bear. I can only imagine what that bullet would be like out of the .358 Norma mag!!! I'll be trying the Hammer 223gr Shock Hammers this year out of the Whelen. I had a .358 Norma mag, one of the most accurate rifles I ever owned. I've even tried to track that rifle down, however have not had any luck finding it. The rifle was built by an old time barrel maker who worked at a local shot called Johnson Automatics in Wyoming, Rhode Island. Good luck with your new rifle. Post some photos when you get the rifle.👍👍

I'm shooting the Barnes 225gr TSX bullets out of the 35 Whelen, it crushes black bear. I can only imagine what that bullet would be like out of the .358 Norma mag!!! I'll be trying the Hammer 223gr Shock Hammers this year out of the Whelen. I had a .358 Norma mag, one of the most accurate rifles I ever owned. I've even tried to track that rifle down, however have not had any luck finding it. The rifle was built by an old time barrel maker who worked at a local shot called Johnson Automatics in Wyoming, Rhode Island. Good luck with your new rifle. Post some photos when you get the rifle.👍👍
Will do

At one time in the late 60s, I had a pair of custom Norma's, one in a 308 Norma Mag and the other in the 358 Norma Mag, both built on a US Eddystone Model 1917 action, both having Douglas barrels and Fajen stocks, I picked them up at a fire sale. Back then those two were pretty much out-of-the-box ammo deals, today with the new powders and bullets today they are monsters in the game field I'm sure. The .358 Norma was a hammer on the Elk (1) I shot with it, which has a surprising range for a big .35 cal. and the accuracy of both was amazing, with the hat tip, going to the .358 Norma. I'd think that the 225gr at 2900 fps today would do it all and the 250gr for the tougher dudes that bite. Good luck, Cheers

I have a lefty 358 Norma built on a Mauser action with a Bill Hobaugh barrel and Stephen Billeb stock. It's an awesome shooter with 250gr Speer Hot-Cors and H4350. I intend to try some Hammer bullets in it some day as well.

I have had two 358Normas and still have one. Built first on a Shultz and Larson action with Hart barrel. Could get original cup core Barnes 250 gr to 2950 pretty easy. Moose hammer! Used Speer hot core 250 on Oryx and lost a lot of meat.
Currently thinking of selling last one built on Ruger 77 tang safety with Douglas barrel as no need anymore. Luckily have several boxes factory and reloads to go along with dies and bullets.

I have a A square Ceaser 358 norma—I only shoot 250 RN hornady out of it…it is a hammer. It shoots so well with that bullet I hate to change. I thought about taking the rifle to Benin for Roan and Buffalo—but COVID solved those plans—this rifle needs a trip.

I have had two 358Normas and still have one. Built first on a Shultz and Larson action with Hart barrel. Could get original cup core Barnes 250 gr to 2950 pretty easy. Moose hammer! Used Speer hot core 250 on Oryx and lost a lot of meat.
Currently thinking of selling last one built on Ruger 77 tang safety with Douglas barrel as no need anymore. Luckily have several boxes factory and reloads to go along with dies and bullets.

Sent you a pm, if you're at all inclined to part with dies or projectiles

As title suggests…I've just won a rifle on auction in .358 Norma magnum. This cartridge has an intangible "cool" factor that the .33s and .37s do not for me, I'm over the moon about it. It's an old BRNO ZG47 Mauser type action, good condition, can't wait to pick it up. I've perused all the load data I can find. But wondered if anyone on here has any tips, favourite loads, or choice projectiles they'd recommend. Or just shoot the breeze and talk about your gun if you have one of these.
I have Norma's manuals #1 and #2, of course, it's just with Norma powder, but if you are interested I could send you some load info. Cheer's

got my bullets in today…some 180 Speer, 220 Speer, 250 hornady spire point, 200 Winchester power point, 270 grain Winchester power point, and 280 swift A-frame to work with. Should do. Prob gonna resell the 180 and 200s.