.358 Norma

I would let the smith polish it out and try it again. Another nifty tool to have around is one of those Innovative Technologies collet dies that resize the case right above the belt. It keeps that slight bulge out, which either FL or SB dies can "push brass toward the belt". The collet die stops that. I can see where Norma brass would benefit from this myself. Good luck to you Pard.

Original chamber was cut poorly by smith. Reamer rattle. Douglas put a new barrel on it and it shoots great now. Hand loads still not as fast as Double Tap

That's great Pard. I am having a rifle rebarreled to the 358 Norma, I'm figuring the 180 to 200TTSX for long range elk and the 225 TSX/Nosler for a thumper...maybe the 250X ( I still have a box) or even the 310 Woodleigh for woods elk. I've had a 35 Whelen AI that I just discovered my loads from the past 21 yrs are waaaay up ther ein pressure! ha. Just gonna go for it and stop worrying about my eyes! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.