358 STA reloading

Barnes Manual 3 has the 358 sta data. In a google "358 shooting times alaskan" search I found it on line in a downloadable form. I have the manual itself.When Barnes first introduced the TSX their recommendations were on the orders of 1-2 grains above max listed for the X bullet data were safe but work up loads starting below the max listed for the x bullet.

I am using the 225 TSX & IMR-7828 in my 358STA, shoots darn well too. I do believe the older Barnes manual did have STA info IIRC. If not, I'm nearly positive the Nosler manual has it as well; make sure you drop lower than usual for the particular bullet weight as they are NOT the same construction and thus, could provide very different pressure, but it should at very least provide you with a place to start.

On second thought, head over to Hodgdon's website, i'm sure they will have info for the STA.

If you'd like, shoot me a PM or reply on here & I will see if I can find my old manual.

Last edited:
Yes nosler has data, and A-square, "Any Shot You Want" have 358 sta data. What sort of [FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]velocity are you getting and what size of groups with your 7828 imr 225 TSX?

Yes nosler has data, and A-square, "Any Shot You Want" have 358 sta data. What sort of velocity are you getting and what size of groups with your 7828 imr 225 TSX?

You are absolutely correct about "Any Shot You Want" I forgot all about that, one of my favorites right there, especially the chapter titled "Mechanics of Bullet Penetration" Should be a must read for all hunters...

I cannot recall off the top of my head what the velocity was, to be perfectly honest I haven't shot it in over a year. Accuracy was/is 5/8-3/4 MOA 3-shot groups w/A-Square brass & Fed 215's.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.