Barnes TSX Load for 308 Norma Mag

eaglesnester

Have got my reloading bench almost complete, need a few more tools such as RCBS Case Master Gauging Tool, Case neck turnner, bullet puller, and Hornady Chamber all bullet comparater. I plan on reforming brass from 338 Winchester Mag to 308 Norma Mag and would like some load data. Up here in the great white north, Northern B.C. Norma is almost impossible to find and when you do its around $87 bucks a box. Does anyone have powder type and gr. weight for max load for Barnes TSX 200gr. bullets using CCI250 primers? I plan on starting out with reduced charges and working up to max.
I am new here on the web site and I must say it is loaded with a fantastic amount of good info. Any response to my questions from some of the old dead eye shooters would be greatly appreciated.;)

Cheers &Tight Groups: Eaglesnester

I shoot a lot of 30 Cal TSX, and IMHO the 180 is as heavy as I would go in the TSX line... Penetration is out standing, accuracy is awsome and the BC is better with the 180's.........

eaglesnester,
Why mess around fire forming brass. I have 123 pieces of new Norma 308 Norma mag brass that I will sell you for 80 dollars plus freight.
let me know.
UB

Reloader 22, H-4831, and H-1000 are good places to start.
Starting loads with the 300 Win are a good amount to start with.

If your not real keen on the Norma thing you could make your life easier by having a gunsmith ream it out to 300 Winchester or 300 wby.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.