Anyone have this happen!!!!!!!'m

KCherry

Win. Highwall in 7wsm. Burris Signature rings onLeupold bases. Everything was installed as religiously as I can. About 80 rounds before this happened. Rungs will need to be replaced. Could it be caused by Burris rings on the Leupold bases?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 118
I don't know what caused your situation...But everytime I've ever used Leupold bases, I've used Leupold rings.....To me that's not something you wanna mix & match with.

Picatinny rail & ring brands don't matter, but as far as dovetail style, I don't think I'd mix and match those.

But that's just me...

Best thing you can do is not use those windage adjustable bases. It is a very weak system. Go to a weaver/picatinny style with recoil lug.

I am thinking of starting over with Weaver bases, and Burris Signature Zee rings. This should give me the strength of the weaver style base, cross bolt anchor in the ring, and still a little cant in the scope angle for longer ranges. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Never had this happen and I have a couple of these set ups, but all Leupold. I prefer the dual dovetail mounts, nothing moving there. After all I never liked the ability to move the rear mount or the fact that something could go wrong.

YMMV

I have used Redfield rings and bases and leupold bases and rings of that type for more than 3 decades w/o a problem....on things like '06 family of cartridges.

Stuck with them when upgrading to 270AM and 338 Rum, both w/brakes.

Almost immediately had failures similar to yours. Very bad juju!

Went to double dove tail bases and solved all problem, so far.

If you want complete confidence go with a rail and top cabin rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.