Shipping a scope with UPS, has this happened to anyone else?

Kudos to the few on this thread that recommended taking the high road.

I would bet my last dollar that not one of these UPS employees that wronged you had anything to do with the creation of said policy. They were just doing their job. It's also possible that they were not out to get you and don't have an opinion either way on the 2nd amendment. I do my best not to give them a reason to be anti-gun.

The UPS employee was obviously a true lib-tard chitcago-ite from her attitude she gave me when I asked as politely as could be can I list it as simply a telescope as it is 100% technically true a rifle scope is nothing more than a telescope and she now obviously irritated replied NO, I then asked does UPS ship swords, bayonets, battle axes, martial arts weapons like nunchaku's, and other non-firearm related implements of violence, she replied yes they do, I asked well is not UPS's refusal to ship any and all forearm accessories blatantly and unabashedly anti-gun and anti-second adamant?

I wonder how polite you are capable of being. Being able to jump into a lib-tard, battle axes, anti-second amendment infested rant and keep it calm and cool is a skill. Especially without a credit card in your pocket. Maybe you can.

I would bet my last dollar that not one of these UPS employees that wronged you had anything to do with the creation of said policy. They were just doing their job. It's also possible that they were not out to get you and don't have an opinion either way on the 2nd amendment. I do my best not to give them a reason to be anti-gun.

I wonder how polite you are capable of being. Being able to jump into a lib-tard, battle axes, anti-second amendment infested rant and keep it calm and cool is a skill. Especially without a credit card in your pocket. Maybe you can.

Well said, but some are rabid anti-gunners.

:rolleyes:
In capitalism you go to a place that provides a service. When said place doesn't provide said service based on some weird agenda or belief you're allowed to be annoyed. If taking your business elsewhere is rude then so be it.

heads up OP. This is probably going the same route my thread went.

"but, but, but UPS isn't bad...."

Never use a "UPS Store" they are a corporation that has a shipping contract with UPS! Had a firearm stollen by UPS that was shipped from one of these stores. It never entered the UPS system. Was found by law enforcement in a distant state during a DUI stop 3 years later! The person was former employee of UPS store 500 miles from where I had shipped the gun. Ultimately he was found guilty. I never got the gun back or reimbursement, despite giving law enforcement proof of ownership and making a statement to both local and that in the arresting state.

i quit using UPS long ago when i tried to ship a car part (steering box for a bronco) and they tried to tell me they had to make a custom box for it and custom padding and all this other BS and it was going to be $90.

i took it to the USPS near me, put it in a flate rate box for $10-15 and the guy had it 2 or 3 days later. i've also used them to ship several barrels and optics and other gun parts to members on here and had no issues. once the guy even gave me some flat rate box that they dont even put out for people to use (for whatever reason) and save me a few bucks.

Ok answers to "What are you shipping?":
"telescope"
"machined parts"
"furniture"

Not "riflescope", "ar-15 upper", "wood rifle stock".

They're not trained to differentiate and they don't want trouble.

i quit using UPS long ago when i tried to ship a car part (steering box for a bronco) and they tried to tell me they had to make a custom box for it and custom padding and all this other BS and it was going to be $90.

i took it to the USPS near me, put it in a flate rate box for $10-15 and the guy had it 2 or 3 days later. i've also used them to ship several barrels and optics and other gun parts to members on here and had no issues. once the guy even gave me some flat rate box that they dont even put out for people to use (for whatever reason) and save me a few bucks.

You can order Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes from USPS online delivered to your address free.

Ok answers to "What are you shipping?":
"telescope"
"machined parts"
"furniture"

Not "riflescope", "ar-15 upper", "wood rifle stock".

They're not trained to differentiate and they don't want trouble.

Until something gets lost and you try to file a claim, it will be denied, you have to prove with receipts what you paid for it and its valve. If you say machine parts and its a receiver you just lost the receiver and your not getting paid for it.

:rolleyes:
In capitalism you go to a place that provides a service. When said place doesn't provide said service based on some weird agenda or belief you're allowed to be annoyed. If taking your business elsewhere is rude then so be it.

heads up OP. This is probably going the same route my thread went.

"but, but, but UPS isn't bad...."
I understand capitalism, being annoyed and my right to take my business elsewhere should it suit me. Taking business elsewhere is by no means rude. If that was your takeaway from my post you misunderstood it.

What route did your thread go? Curious as to why a warning was warranted.

Not sure what you are getting at with the but, but, but line BUT I could care less who you choose to ship or not ship with. Given time they will all screw something up and chances are good they all have an employee or policy you may not see eye to eye with.

You can order Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes from USPS online delivered to your address free.
Yes! I do this all the time. I sell aftermarket chainsaw parts, and I keep a supply of the padded bubble wrap flat rate envelopes ($8 to ship), and medium flat rate boxes ($14.40 to ship). Also keep some regional "A" boxes, which can work out to be cheaper sometimes, but they are phasing them out. I've shipped parts to Canada, England, Ireland, and Australia. The Flat Rate boxes (and envelopes) are the way to go.

Sold my NF NXS to a fellow member here. Went to my local UPS store in a small strip mall just over the border from IN in a town that is part of chitcago to ship it to him.I had the same problem and could not ship a barrel at the UPS store in Florence Alabama I had I had I had the same problem trying to ship a barrel at the UPS store in Florence Alabama Ireplied it is simply a piece of pipe they would not ship it I went to my other local UPS store in Savannah Tennessee and they shipped it no questions asked I believe it is the policy of each store to set their own rules

Much to my complete astonishment I was informed that UPS stores are not allowed to ship any firearm parts or accessories even if like my scope they are otherwise a TOTALLY HARMLESS item and incapable of being considered a weapon (and I do mean any not even a rifle sling or butt pad) and informed me I would have to take it to a UPS Commercial center to ship it. As I had offered to ship the scope adult signature required I didn't wish to go with USPO.

The UPS employee was obviously a true lib-tard chitcago-ite from her attitude she gave me when I asked as politely as could be can I list it as simply a telescope as it is 100% technically true a rifle scope is nothing more than a telescope and she now obviously irritated replied NO, I then asked does UPS ship swords, bayonets, battle axes, martial arts weapons like nunchaku's, and other non-firearm related implements of violence, she replied yes they do, I asked well is not UPS's refusal to ship any and all forearm accessories blatantly and unabashedly anti-gun and anti-second adamant? I then asked her BESIDES firearm accessories is there ANY other non-hazardous, non-flammable, otherwise completely harmless inanimate object or item that UPS refuses to ship? She simply repeated UPS's corporate policy. I asked is this policy unique to Chicago and or IL or is corporate policy for all UPS stores nation wide?, again she refused to answer me and said I would have to call UPS corporate or go to UPS's WS.

So I left and went ot the UPS CC in my town and shipped the scope. I didn't mentioned my little issue for fear they also would give me a hard time.

Anyone else encounter a UPS shipping store refusing to ship harmless firearm accessories?

I went to the UPS WS and could find no information or can not ship list, but I didn't spend hours leaving no stone unturned, but if there is a no firearm parts policy it certainly isn't made obvious at the UPS WS.

Using bthe search tab I typed in optics, telescope, and even hazardous items and nothing came up but general shipping directions. No can not ship list came up nor could I find one. I admit I could have missed it or worded my search incorrectly, but if a no can ship it list is at the UPS WS it sure aint easy to find.
Sold my NF NXS to a fellow member here. Went to my local UPS store in a small strip mall just over the border from IN in a town that is part of chitcago to ship it to him.

Much to my complete astonishment I was informed that UPS stores are not allowed to ship any firearm parts or accessories even if like my scope they are otherwise a TOTALLY HARMLESS item and incapable of being considered a weapon (and I do mean any not even a rifle sling or butt pad) and informed me I would have to take it to a UPS Commercial center to ship it. As I had offered to ship the scope adult signature required I didn't wish to go with USPO.

The UPS employee was obviously a true lib-tard chitcago-ite from her attitude she gave me when I asked as politely as could be can I list it as simply a telescope as it is 100% technically true a rifle scope is nothing more than a telescope and she now obviously irritated replied NO, I then asked does UPS ship swords, bayonets, battle axes, martial arts weapons like nunchaku's, and other non-firearm related implements of violence, she replied yes they do, I asked well is not UPS's refusal to ship any and all forearm accessories blatantly and unabashedly anti-gun and anti-second adamant? I then asked her BESIDES firearm accessories is there ANY other non-hazardous, non-flammable, otherwise completely harmless inanimate object or item that UPS refuses to ship? She simply repeated UPS's corporate policy. I asked is this policy unique to Chicago and or IL or is corporate policy for all UPS stores nation wide?, again she refused to answer me and said I would have to call UPS corporate or go to UPS's WS.

So I left and went ot the UPS CC in my town and shipped the scope. I didn't mentioned my little issue for fear they also would give me a hard time.

Anyone else encounter a UPS shipping store refusing to ship harmless firearm accessories?

I went to the UPS WS and could find no information or can not ship list, but I didn't spend hours leaving no stone unturned, but if there is a no firearm parts policy it certainly isn't made obvious at the UPS WS.

Using bthe search tab I typed in optics, telescope, and even hazardous items and nothing came up but general shipping directions. No can not ship list came up nor could I find one. I admit I could have missed it or worded my search incorrectly, but if a no can ship it list is at the UPS WS it sure aint easy to find.

Sold my NF NXS to a fellow member here. Went to my local UPS store in a small strip mall just over the border from IN in a town that is part of chitcago to ship it to him.

I had the same problem with the UPS store in Florence Alabama I was trying to ship a barrel that I am selling on line when they refused I said it is simply a piece of pipe it is not a firearm it did not matter I went to another ups store in Savannah Tennessee and it was shipped no questions asked I believe each store sets up their own policies

morning, make sure u ship in a large box to hide what
the item is. fed ex is probably ur best bet. I had bad experiences
with all 3. due not tell them what is in the box. insure. certified
and receipt for delivery. justme gbot tum

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.