Shipping a scope with UPS, has this happened to anyone else?

What route did your thread go? Curious as to why a warning was warranted.

UPS provided terrible service for me and my thread went down the path of:

stop whining

Its not the employees fault

Corporate UPS isnt the same as store fronts

You shouldnt have let them pack it

Dont buy boxes at the store

You should know that insurance isnt actually insurance but a declaration of value...

Warned the OP, bc threads like these quickly turn into "coulda, woulda, shoulda" when in reality the OP is doing EVERYONE a service by telling them not to do business with UPS. Its just a warning about crappy service.

You are correct. I misread your original post, and I apologize.

The last few (non firearm related) items I shipped via UPS had grossly overpriced shipping charges. I now use good ol' USPS when ever possible. Big Brown is out of hand.
You are completely correct! I collect rifle cartridges, and the last dummy rounds that was sent to me by UPS cost more to ship than a box of live ammo.

Until something gets lost and you try to file a claim, it will be denied, you have to prove with receipts what you paid for it and its valve. If you say machine parts and its a receiver you just lost the receiver and your not getting paid for it.
You're wrong in 2 very special ways. 1, I never mentioned a receiver (meaning the serialized component). You did. That's putting words in someone's mouth and kinda naughty. I mentioned 3 very specific things which are definitively not against UPS's policies.

2, you're just wrong on the face of it. UPS does ship firearms but not from the stores.
UPS said:
UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment. Firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts are not accepted for shipment internationally.
You see, they'll ship firearm parts and firearms, just not internationally.

You were saying? You see I never said lie. I suggested that you be vague. It's a subtle distinction but an important one.

morning, it is not lying. u r protecting UR property. shipped
for services or for sale. USPS lost 2 barrels of mine. I had a
very hard time getting my money!! AND YES UPS does have
very bad service with ur gun parts. justme gbot tum

I have had good and bad experiences with them all but I stay away from USPS given all the private competition they now have. Stay with private enterprises and pressure them for better competitive service. The Federal Government should only be used for defense and border patrol.

I have had good and bad experiences with them all but I stay away from USPS given all the private competition they now have. Stay with private enterprises and pressure them for better competitive service. The Federal Government should only be used for defense and border patrol.
I sell chainsaw parts on the internet. I can ship one cylinder kit for $8 and two to three for $14 with the USPS. UPS will set you back nearly $20 for one kit, and FedEX is worse. I'll stick with flat rate shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.