Anyone ever get banned from a forum?

I agree with this statement. Unfortunately, we lost one of the outstanding members that I look up to. Jerry (@J E Custom), but his legacy will stay with us for most of us. He has his humble way of getting the point across that makes readers receptive, and despite his wisdom, he is never too proud to admit his errs or learn new things.

People will naturally gravitate to others that they share a common interest, beliefs, values, etc. It has been my personal experience that those that are non-confrontational in an open forum or reach a saturation point (which most of the controversial threads become confrontational, except for the beer and whiskey threads 😇 ) do it via PM. It does not necessarily mean they bow out or shutting down. Sometimes they go directly to members they think can offer the advice they are seeking. JMHHO, but I am only an average hunter. Cheers!

Ed
Well said Ed. Added my first today.

If someone wants to disagree with a statement you have made without explaining why, then goes on a whole 'nuther direction of HIS reasons for doing something that was irrelevant to what I said, that is disrespectful and I'm gonna call a spade a spade.
Then I get all these other members backing up their 'Gold Contributor' telling me I should have more respect for said person, who, by the way, still refused to tell me why he disagreed. It wasn't until this point that I lost my S#%T and gave what for.
Those that gave me S#%T were warned, that is all.
Good riddance to ignorant people I say.

Cheers.
You see a lot of fool things here, and people wondering whats going on. I generally got good if not almost grear grouping with my reloads. I didn't use all the equipment that out there now.
I have learn a lot here, and still learning. I am thankfull every day I Iearn something new. Able to put it to use is even better.
I try and hold my togue, but sometime loose it. Here I have learn you can step on other peoples toes quickly. Knowing full well they are wrong. So I just let it go by. Either by stop trying to add something to the blog, or realizing that it headed down the wrong road.
Me I try and keep an open mind to what's being said. It's not worth if to get mad!!!

Wow, get a notice this thread has been revived.
2 things, JT Comfort will always be missed, polite, helpful, knowledgeable, a true loss to the forum.

I still wear my banned for life from accurate shooter like a merit badge, and every day I open rimfire central, I feel as though I am one outburst away from a permanent vacation there also.

I don't know why I belong to gun forums, I guess any valuable info gained is a plus. But in normal life, it would be rare that I seek validation from anyone, yet I post on gun forums like my opinion matters.
Life is complicated:)

I got negative points on one forum (users can rate each other for helpfulness) and banned from another. My offense in both cases? I didn't want my birthday mentioned in public. The admin on the forum where I got the negative points spotted it years later and asked how the heck that could even happen. I told him he ought to know, he did it.

Len, if this is not OK, please remove.

As above, anyone get banned after being attacked/reported by other members for replying endlessly over matters that didn't concern them and DEFENDING yourself?
I won't mention the forum, as it's not worth my time to do so.
Just wondering if this has happened to others.

Cheers.
Yes. Reddit snowboarding forum. I posted a board for sale and was immediately roasted over my sales price. It was an ugly pile on party by the redditors. I sold the board on ebay for the same price a couple weeks later.

Recent Posts