Anyone else having issues with Applied Ballistics Mobile?

1hornhunter

Not sure what is going on. Had an update on the phone (iPhone 6)which was completed a few weeks ago. Went out shooting yesterday and the app is WAY off in the come ups. Just curious if its me or others are having problems too.

I thought it was a couple months ago but an update got pushed to the iPhone version that messed it up bad. I don't personally have any apple devices so have not been tracking the fix for it. The shooter app, which is also from applied ballistics still works on Apple's. I would contact their support to find out the projected time line for that fix.

Found that out the hard way this week when my dope was off. Some of it can be solved by changing settings in the preference menu. Really frustrating and getting to the point where I'm not sure I can trust AB Mobile anymore.

I am with you not being able to trust it. My dope was 30 MOA off at 1200 yards. I knew right away something was messed up but thought it was my imputs first. Checked it and re checked confirmed everything was put in right. Pretty frustrating being that hunting season is just around the corner.

From what I understand, the problem is more with iOS updates changing the way ABM works, not ABM itself. Not sure if other programs have the same issue. I dont recall Ballistic AE having these issues though.

There was an update that jacked up the bc values bad for a couple of bullets. I know the 105 hybrid was one. Even though it says the correct number the trajectories are miles off.

I also had trouble making changes to profiles i had before the update.

I went through and created new profiles from scratch, i.e. not use any out of the library. This seems to have fixed it.

After chiming in on a few support threads and emailing ab directly with zero responses or updates, im thinking i may be done with AB for a while.

After chiming in on a few support threads and emailing ab directly with zero responses or updates, im thinking i may be done with AB for a while.

Bryan & Doc have been awesome responding on this site and I have only the utmost respect for them. Applied Ballistics is an amazing resource and has helped me immensely.

Having said that, I am done w/AB mobile as well. I don't feel like I can trust that it will work after each IOS update. I'll stick w/ my AB Kestrel, because AB controls the updates and it hasn't let me down.

Bryan & Doc have been awesome responding on this site and I have only the utmost respect for them. Applied Ballistics is an amazing resource and has helped me immensely.

Having said that, I am done w/AB mobile as well. I don't feel like I can trust that it will work after each IOS update. I'll stick w/ my AB Kestrel, because AB controls the updates and it hasn't let me down.

sounds to me like the lesson is don't trust Apple more than don't trust AB:cool:

sounds to me like the lesson is don't trust Apple more than don't trust AB:cool:

Maybe. I don't recall having these issues with Ballistic AE. Have people had trouble w/ other ballistic apps related to IOS updates?

Post your question in the AB mobile support thread and i will keep an eye on it. Maybe they will reply to your inquiry and we can all get some answers.

I tried it a couple of times on my IPhone and got erroneous results. Shooter has been faultless for a few years now updates and all, so I decided to stick with Shooter.

We have been pounding on the iOS version of the app. It is correct that iOS 9 did this. We are not working on not only getting the fixes out, but getting iOS 10 capability up to par. The problem with releasing now is, what happens if iOS 10 does what iOS 9 did all over again. We are monitoring this, and working with customers to get it fixed. We have done some major fixes, but we need to verify that Apples next release won't put us back to square one.

That's good to hear that the problem is being addressed. I got the app because I heard great things about it, so bit the bullet and spent the money for it. Long story short hasn't worked at all since I downloaded it. It was way off according to my shooter app.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.