Anyone else having issues with Applied Ballistics Mobile?

I gave up on iOS AB a long time ago. I originally purchased the iOS version as soon as it was made available but its metric mode just didn't cut it. I put it down to sloppy programming. I've sent many e-mails including screen dumps of various issues but these never seem to get resolved. Can't be bothered wasting my time anymore.

I've reverted to Shooter which seems to have no issues at all in metric and even started using Ballistic AE.

Cheers

My android version is horrible. Its way off on the dope and crashes all the time where its unusable. Worst $30 spent ever! And I've wasted on some pretty horrible things. Wish i could get my money back

I have been using it on my android system, Samsung Galaxy S5, since June. So far this season I have used dope from it and my .260 AI to take a 440 yard antelope, 470 yard antelope, 876 yard antelope, and today my cousin shot a bedded 3 point mule deer at 925 yards with my rifle and dope from AB, every time has been 1 shot kills other than my 876 yard goat, which I shot and hit twice, my first round was a little far back due to my mistake in wind call, but the app has been spot on EVERY time, pulling atmospheric conditions including pressure, temp, humidity, and target azimuth from my device. I am using the custom drag curve that you buy for a couple bucks for the 140 grain Berger VLD hunting.

I just want to put this in here so that people reading know that not everyone is having troubles with it. I have been completely satisfied, and as long as it doesn't change, I have 100% confidence in it.

My android version is horrible. Its way off on the dope and crashes all the time where its unusable. Worst $30 spent ever! And I've wasted on some pretty horrible things. Wish i could get my money back

On what device? Did you send in crash reports? What are you doing when it crashes? I am looking through the crash reports, I only have 3 and all of them were Kestrel related.

Samsung s7 edge. I have sent crash reports. Several of them. It crashes when I tap the button for single shot or trajectory. I have 4 rifles loaded in the app. When it crashes on 1 rifle and I goto a different rifle it will work in that stage. The dope was .6 mils high at 600 when I was using it the other day. Put the exact same info in a free app. And it's right on. Maybe the app doesn't like my phone. I wish it did.

ios AB has been useless for me on iphone 5s through all updates since purchase. Complete waste of money.

Samsung s7 edge. I have sent crash reports. Several of them. It crashes when I tap the button for single shot or trajectory. I have 4 rifles loaded in the app. When it crashes on 1 rifle and I goto a different rifle it will work in that stage. The dope was .6 mils high at 600 when I was using it the other day. Put the exact same info in a free app. And it's right on. Maybe the app doesn't like my phone. I wish it did.

I will dive in to the crash reports, and see what I can pull up.

DocUSMCRetired is there any time frame as to when a new update will be ready to fix the issues?

So we were able to figure out some things in the iOS Software, and I will have an email going out this week about it.

Essentially the iPhone is scrambling the numbers internally. More specifically it is scrambling BCs. So we are working on resolving that issue in the code. I do have a fix going out about it, and we have found a way to mostly prevent this issue for users. I will publish it in the email this week!

So we were able to figure out some things in the iOS Software, and I will have an email going out this week about it.

Essentially the iPhone is scrambling the numbers internally. More specifically it is scrambling BCs. So we are working on resolving that issue in the code. I do have a fix going out about it, and we have found a way to mostly prevent this issue for users. I will publish it in the email this week!

Thats good news. Could you also let us know when we can expect custom drag curves to be available for IOS users?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.