Best mobile ballistics program??

6x47lapua

I've been long range hunting for years. My normal method is to develop a load, make a drop chart online, then prove my chart at the local range out to 1,000 yards. After that I practice and re-prove many times before hunting season. However, shooting at 35 feet above sea level and across a flat field, isn't the same as in Colorado at 10,00 feet and 36 degrees down hill (my shot from this season). Before each trip, I do make a corrected chart for the approximate elevation I will actually hunt at and my range finder shows me the corrected range for inclination (angle) before the shot. I also have a printed chart for various inclines or declines to verify with my range finder. However, I feel I could do better with more information entered at the time of the shot. Angle, temperature, elevation, barometric pressure, etc.. anything to help gain more accuracy. I'd like to down load a ballistics program onto my phone and enter all the info right before the shot. What is the best one to get? Simple and easy to use is my first priority in choosing this. Also, I probably won't have cell service. Will any of the programs work without cell service?
Just wondering how you guys do it? I try to be prepared for anything but some real world info at time of shot would be great. Thanks

I like Ballistic AE. It is a complete solution that does not need cell service. It has a feature where you save into Favorites your load and record all the atmospheric variables. You can then select the load in the field and enter the current condition. It also has a way to adjust for sight angle where you use the phone to determine the exact angle.

Pretty much the same thing but I use shooter which I use on a Iphone 4s. I don't have any service on it at all because I simply bought this for the sole purpose to use the shooter ap. I also use the yellow kestrel weather meter along with a kilo 2000. I then can enter all the data need to get a solution in the field. The new kilo 2400 will contain every thing needed just like the BR2 at about similar price but it is my understanding you will much more range out of the 2400.

I have had excellent success with Shooter(IPhone). With the identicle parameters loaded, it matches the output of my G7 to 1400 yards precisely, the G7's max range for outputting ballistics. The ballistic outputs of both programs match actual POI with four of my long range rifles to 1200 yards, the max range I have taken game and coyotes. Having a Sig 2400 on pre-order, I am anxious to see how the AB software will compare.

I've used a bunch of different apps. Back in the day I did it all with DOPE, then a PC, laptop, PDA and now a darn phone. I even have a Burris that does it for me. All of the apps need some TWEAKING with your real world data to be PERFECT in my experience. I'm using Strelok Pro right now and its dead on with a few tweaks. I have even used the free Strelok and killed stuff a LONG ways away, I think more important than WHICH app is how you use it, tweak it and VERIFY it.

I agree Strelok has been good for me. My first trip to the range with Strelok free resulted in first shot hits on steel from 500-900.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.