Anybody tried Norma ammo

otis332

Came across and article on Norma Bond Strike. I am not familiar with Norma ammo or the bondstrike. BC seems pretty high, anybody tried Norma ammo or used the bondstrike?

I've used boxes of 22-250 Norma ammo, it's very accurate, but I only used it to fireform into an AI while shooting rabbits.

The brass lasts really well.
Haven't used the Bondstrike though.

Cheers.

Some time ago Norma said they would produce a tipped bonded bullet to increase the BC of their Oryx line. The 180gr 30 cal Oryx has a BC of .288 compared to a BC of .615 for the 180gr Bondstrike. If the new Bondstrike performs like the Oryx it will be a formidable bullet. The 22 cal 55gr and 6.5 cal 156gr Oryx have been great on deer. My cousin shot a nice Moose in Canada with a 180gr Oryx from a 30.06.
Having shot Norma factory ammo in 223, 22-250, 220 Swift and 257 Roberts I have found it to be very accurate. At times it was cheaper to buy factory ammo than brass cases and when the factory ammo turns in 5 shot groups that are sub 1/2" at 100m I question why I reload.

Thanks for reply, i know Norma bondstrike is new so it will be interesting to see how it performs.

No Norma, but I learned some more about Nosler ammo.

Nosler Trophy Grade=Machine Loaded
Nosler Custom=Hand Loaded

I have a box of the Trophy Grade .300 Win Mag, with 200gr Partitions. They shoot about an inch. They are only loaded to 2750, but the black bear I bought them for, won't know the difference.

Sorry for the hi-Jack

Quality control is one of our main pillars at the Norma factory. BONDSTRIKE separates itself form the field with extreme accuracy and terminal performance at all distances.

The bullet is available in .308 Win, .30-06, .300 Win Mag, .300 WSM and .300 RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts